Thanks for your input danny

Git!

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    both very nice cars...both will cost you a lot to maintain! the celica gt-4 parts cost an arm and a leg...i looked into these cars a while ago. you can pick up a nice example for 4-5k, all of which are 240bhp iirc...

the rx7...well, you have non turbo's upto twin turbo's...if i could afford it, i know which one would be my choice very very fast!! 0-60 in just over 5 secs...looks for one thats had its engine rebuilt already, otherwise that will cost you a fair bit, i think the rebuild of the top end is required at around 60k miles

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_shabzzz
    both very nice cars...both will cost you a lot to maintain! the celica gt-4 parts cost an arm and a leg...i looked into these cars a while ago. you can pick up a nice example for 4-5k, all of which are 240bhp iirc...

the rx7...well, you have non turbo's upto twin turbo's...if i could afford it, i know which one would be my choice very very fast!! 0-60 in just over 5 secs...looks for one thats had its engine rebuilt already, otherwise that will cost you a fair bit, i think the rebuild of the top end is required at around 60k miles
    I had a feeling maintenance costs wont be cheap on either of those

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you find a good clean, well looked after example, thats had all rebuilds etc already done you should be ok...the car's are gunna be cheaper than the equivalently powered new cars...so youre saving major bucks on that already

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have heard of rebuilds on the rx7 costing around £4500?? does anyone know how true that is??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GARYMENACE
    I have heard of rebuilds on the rx7 costing around £4500?? does anyone know how true that is??
    quite true as far as i know, they are fairly prone ish to needing engine rebuilds, but if its been looked after, and serviced, it should reach its correct stage to need a rebuild. Heard horror stories of people having rebuilds, driving it for a few weeks, and then again, not sure how true this is though.. The insurance is high on the rx7, i tried to get a quote and it was insurance group 20, that was for the 1.4.. but granted, its fast as **** due to the rotary engine
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    rx7 nicest of the 2 defo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rotary engines need a rebuild every 70,000 miles roughly. But within that time, they are reliable and robust engines. 70,000 I'd expect you'd not actually do whilst having it. Rebuilds are under half of that. The above probably includes a brand new turbos as well.

As standard about the same performance as a 300ZXTT which is what they are pitched against although mine is pulling 60 in approx 4.5 seconds now. Wind the boost up on an RX7 and it'll do the same.

I'm pulling one to bits at work actually that's been seized by the port. It's the one I have got the rims off. Think it was a very nice car once. I'm in the process of removing the boost controller and turbo timer.

CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast