Thread: Unmarked cop cars

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unmarked cop cars

Can you guys help me. Im getting really fed up with the police in my area, we have so many unmarked cop cars going around its unbelivable, and the tactics there using is even worse. I was wondering if i was to start a web site up were people can add details of unmarked cars they find in there areas, for 1, would i get away with it, is there a law about giving out info like this on the net, and 2, do you think it would be a good idea ?? Any feed back would be good on this, about time people know the cars they use.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would'nt interest me at all......
    Just stick to the limits and the law and you avoid hassle.

but..
    1) you would probably get even more hassle from the plod, and the could close you down citing such reasons as "you're publicising undercover officers, putting their lives in potential danger"....

2) Fairly good idea, but ultimately doomed to fail IMO.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You would more than likely get in the s**t for doing this as the idea of unmarked cars is so that people dont know about them.

You can get done for flashing cars to warn them of moblie speed cameras! I think this would be classed as the same thing.

Thats IMO (not sure on the real legal side of things)

Good idea tho mate

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know you should stick to the law, but can you honestly say that you have never ever been over the speed limit ?? It bugs me when there cruising around in brand new scoobys, mercs, and a zafira with a roof box. Just thought it might help people, but thanx for the feed back anyway.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know by law they have to publish the where abouts of all camera sites, fixed and mobile, so would it be the same for cars????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest mate, I don't think it's a good idea. If you're worried about unmarked cars, then you're obviously doing something wrong most of the time i.e. speeding.

Unmarked cars arn't really out in force to catch speeders anyway. They're there for the more serious motoring offences, i.e. theft of a car.

If you were to start a website listing unmarked cars then anybody and everybody is going to have access to it. That ranges from the speeding motorists to the chavs that go out and steal cars. It's counter-productive. How would you feel if you had your car robbed, yet the chavs who did it were able to avoid getting captured because they were in the know of all unmarked cars in your area...you'd be a bit gutted.

At the end of the day the police are there to do a job and driving in unmarked cars is simply a tool for them to do their job properly. I will agree that police abuse their powers given to them in P.A.C.E. I have had this done to me before....a cop pulling me over, then blatantly lying to me saying my car was invloved in a hit and run...just so he could give me a producer.

I don't know whether it is illegal....but I promise you even if it isn't...it would still get shut down if the police caught onto it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know what you mean, and thanx for all the feed back. obviously the cops in your area are a lot better then in my area, coz they really do abuse there powers, and a mate of mine ( whos a copper ) has admitted it to me. Im not really to bothered for me, i only have a 1.6 so its not worth driving around like am stirling moss or something, it just p*sses me off with the tactics that they use around here.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your goinna quote law at least get it right. lol.... Stopping of vehicle falls under the Road Traffic Act.... and quote

163.—(1) A person driving a motor vehicle on a road must stop the vehicle on being required to do so by a constable in uniform.

(2) A person riding a cycle on a road must stop the cycle on being required to do so by a constable in uniform.

(3) If a person fails to comply with this section he is guilty of an offence.

This effectively means that a police officer can stop you at any time and does not have to have any reason to do so !!!

Does not fall under PACE until that officer decideds to search you or your vehicle under Section 1 of PACE

Quote Originally Posted by GazNofx
    To be honest mate, I don't think it's a good idea. If you're worried about unmarked cars, then you're obviously doing something wrong most of the time i.e. speeding.

Unmarked cars arn't really out in force to catch speeders anyway. They're there for the more serious motoring offences, i.e. theft of a car.

If you were to start a website listing unmarked cars then anybody and everybody is going to have access to it. That ranges from the speeding motorists to the chavs that go out and steal cars. It's counter-productive. How would you feel if you had your car robbed, yet the chavs who did it were able to avoid getting captured because they were in the know of all unmarked cars in your area...you'd be a bit gutted.

At the end of the day the police are there to do a job and driving in unmarked cars is simply a tool for them to do their job properly. I will agree that police abuse their powers given to them in P.A.C.E. I have had this done to me before....a cop pulling me over, then blatantly lying to me saying my car was invloved in a hit and run...just so he could give me a producer.

I don't know whether it is illegal....but I promise you even if it isn't...it would still get shut down if the police caught onto it.
    Here's my car - www.astra-coupe.co.uk/vehicle-template.php?id=241

Sorted out a veccy intake and modded box and fitted without too much problem.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whatever....

I honestly cannot believe you went to the trouble of pasting a section of the RTA act, full marks for that.

PACE is the general outline for police powers and protecting citizens. That'll do for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwyborn
    If your goinna quote law at least get it right. lol.... Stopping of vehicle falls under the Road Traffic Act.... and quote

163.—(1) A person driving a motor vehicle on a road must stop the vehicle on being required to do so by a constable in uniform.

(2) A person riding a cycle on a road must stop the cycle on being required to do so by a constable in uniform.

(3) If a person fails to comply with this section he is guilty of an offence.

This effectively means that a police officer can stop you at any time and does not have to have any reason to do so !!!

Does not fall under PACE until that officer decideds to search you or your vehicle under Section 1 of PACE

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate i just get fed up of these threads.... people seem to forget that there are AS members who earn a crust working as a cop and who enjoy modfying or looking after there car just as much as anyone else
    Here's my car - www.astra-coupe.co.uk/vehicle-template.php?id=241

Sorted out a veccy intake and modded box and fitted without too much problem.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast