Random question I know but my girlfriend has a 1994 Fiesta and she asked me to get a clock for it.
I bought one from ebay for £3 (i know coulda got it cheaper from the scrappy - was having a lazy moment) And when I took out the blanking panel where the clock should be, all the wiring was there as I had hoped but unfortunately Ford made two types of clock for the fiesta, one with 4 pins and the other with 6. I have the wiring for the four pin clock but my clock is a 6 pin one.
Can anyone tell me which wires go to which pins on the six pin clocks (just the colours would help) so that I can rewire it myself?
Or even how I could work out which pins do which using a volt meter? I'm guessing:
- one has to be direct power to keep the time,
- one would be the a power source from the head light switch,
- one would be a Power source from the Ignition
- one would be a direct negative (or this one the positive and the other three negative depending which way around it goes).
- Any clues on what the other two pins are for? or if they are still needed?