Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra temp probs?

slight niggle - may be fine i dunno

after santa pod at a steady 80mph the temp guage rose to just under the 90 and fell - up and fell - up and fell. now the guage has previously sat at a constant 82 ishh during 85% of driving with it only going up when stationary.

now i have 2 ideas :

1. it was 14c on sunday eve and the temp guage was up and down due to the higher temp? and the added cs3 settings now on the car - now in the last 2 months the guage has set at 82f when the outside temp is 2 or 3c on motorway speeds

2. im sure i do have a slight coolent whiff through the vents 1st thing - now im not losing coolent and when the temp guage rises it does go down to 80 and then fluctuates as above - again around 12c. so matrix or just exterior weather changes????

after 5 mins driving it now goes over the 80, then back down and so on and a week ago when it was cold it took longer to rise - more like 10 mins - i contributed that to the change now in outside temp and cs3 remap perhaps now making temps higher but temp changes like this have me on a slight edge thinking - matrix on its way or head gasket starting - any ideas or am i a little paranoid as all this has only started since the warmer climate over the last 3 days

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like the thermostat is sitcking/duff and not opening/closing at the right temps.

That might be a cheapish place to start with.

Moved to Zlet Tech Queries BTW

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    normal driving averages 80f, the fan kicks in ok but its just odd that it goes halfway over the 80 marker then back down even at a constant speed and then continues to fluctuate instead of sitting at 80f - could that really be thermostat related - if so i would get a uprated lower temp one - how easy to fit.

oh and while i remember 2 weeks ago i did have the cooling fan logo stay on the dash when i started the car - not been on since tho and the temps only started sunday

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    water pump??? - im having a cambelt change shortly so im doing this at the same time

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines the same at the min just changed my cam belt and water pump.
    Black Coupe Turbo, then a WRX Impreza, then a GTTDI Golf, Civic Type R, Now vectra 2.2 and weekend toy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    same - as in the same temp variations - i guess its down to a warmer outside temp and cs3 then

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still running a standard engine.
    The same temps at about 83'C.
    Just noticed it the past 2 weeks.
    Black Coupe Turbo, then a WRX Impreza, then a GTTDI Golf, Civic Type R, Now vectra 2.2 and weekend toy