AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra rear axle pics

hi

has any one or can any one take a pic of the rear axle of a mk4 axle,

i need to know how they bolt up etc and what they look like.

many thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only one I could find

Bought that a few weeks ago. Rear axles are easy to remove. You can either remove the 3 bolts on each side or the pivot pin that runs through the centre of the bush.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your a star.

how much did it cost you m8.

and are the hatch and the estates the same. apart from the shocks.

cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AFAIK the hatch and estate are the same. Dampers may have a different rating on the estate as will the springs but the beam should be the same.

Average price for a beam would be anywhere between £50-150 depending on condition and whether it was disc brakes or drums. That one was pricey as it was a 4 stud rear disc setup with ABS and there aren't that many about. A 5 stud disc setup would be about £100 in good condition I reckon.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    many thanks. i know its 4 stud. but dont mind having to change it to 5 stud, will see.

cheers for your help.

ricky

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ricky what exactly are you planning? If your after a 4 stud rear beam with discs I know where I can lay my hands on some. I was advertising beams with discs/calipers and ABS along with a new handbrake cable for £190. Was looking to get 3 buyers to keep costs down but it also depends on your location as these things are heavy.

You don't need the whole beam BTW, just the hubs if your planning a conversion.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im plaining on getting a car from an insurance comp thats had the rear wheel nocked, so the beam needs sorting.

was doing it on the cheap as the milliage is high on the car but looks in good nick apart from the rear wheels etc

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    4 or 5 stud. Disc or drum? I can maybe keep a look out for you. Also the beam is the same on both versions so if I do sell the 4 stud hubs and not the beam you could buy that cheap and use the existing hubs off your insurance car.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers m8.

all i know is its 4 stud from the pic. i cant see if its disc or drum yet.

i know its a 1.6 estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1.6 and an estate, it's gonna be a drum version. Where you based?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast