Thread: Exhaust advise (aswell) needed!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Exhaust advise (aswell) needed!

My back box is on its last legs and about to go so Im goin to take the time to upgrade it to a stainless system! The problem im having is itís a single hanger back box and I cant find much out there.

I really do want a scorpion system as ive always had them but there stupid money I donít have at the minute. So ive been looking around and there are 3 makes im interested in.

Sportex ( £174 for the system!! )
    Remus (£250 ish)
    Magnex ( £250 ish )

Has anyone dealt with the sportx systems before as I donít want to shell out on it only to be a bag of crap.

TBH for me its between remus and sportx as I am thinking the magnex will have a rasp or am I being daft and need a slap. All help and views would be great.

Kev
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post sportex exhaust

hi mate

get the remus as the sportex is really loud, thats if you you want loudness then go for sportex as i had one before and it was way too loud for my likeing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear
    hi mate

get the remus as the sportex is really loud, thats if you you want loudness then go for sportex as i had one before and it was way too loud for my likeing
    i like a subtle note not balls out loadness, so thanks for that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get a custom built system. They'll build it specifically for your car and you can decide what sound you want it to make to. I've got a longlife system, but i'd recomend Pro speed in cardiff (offered me a better price) or a miltek system seems to be the most raved about system on here, if you've got the cash that is!
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kev,

If you dont want loads of noise then Sportex is not for you. I had one on my Nova and it was complete crap - It didnt fit properly (it rubbed the rear brake lines!!) after 6 months it was so rusty i had to have the tip welded back on and it sounde dlike a fart in baked bean can. (but it was 52 quid for the backbox lol) They certainly dont have a great reputation on Mig either.

I have had 2 powerflow systems (cat back) both cost me £200 - These were great, you can choose the volume levels, tailpipe design etc. (i know there are people who slag Powerflow off but thats simply down to the quality of installation/fitter) Either that or save for a Miltek/Remus/Magnex jobbie!
    Black Magic Seat Leon Cupra 20VT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lucky git, I always hoped the exhaust went when I had it so I could justify a decent system
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupť 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    Lucky git, I always hoped the exhaust went when I had it so I could justify a decent system
    Justify a decent system is exactly what he was trying to do when he was telling me that the exhaust is going and he needs to get a whole new system, but not just a normal one, oh no... It has to be a Scorpion or something along those lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane_SRi
    lol, you're pure quality Lisa

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well ive got a magnex back box and a remus center section and it sounds the tits! not to OTT just a nice note
    MK4 Astra 1.6 16v SXI in BLACK
    Remus sport center section, magnex backbox de-resticted airfilter large bore intake, k&n air filter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    haha it has seen better days trust me.

Well ive got a magnex back box and a remus center section and it sounds the tits! not to OTT just a nice note
    im liking that idea