Thread: Hella Fog lights

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hella Fog lights

Hey guys, need your help here.. looking at adding hella foglights to my astra mk4 saloon. here is the link of the fog light i'd like to fit. you think i'll have any problems fitting this in?

http://db.hella.com.au/cgi-bin/catal...ew&flmaint=727

oh and i'm changing the bulbs to xenon H7.

Part Number : Comet FF 75 Series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they will fit no problem - just need to splice the 2 wires on the lamp to the 2 wires on your fog light harness providing you already have the harness in your car. If your car already had foglight then this is simple. If it didn't then most cars already had the loom pre-wired - but some cars didn't. So check beforehand, just look behind the bumper below the lights you should see a blue/black connector (colour maybe different) and probably taped up to the rest of the harness.
    If you are performing a new installation (ie if you never had fogs to begin with) you will also a need a new switch (you can buy them on ebay - but considering your location Im not sure if this might cause problems) a relay to plug into the main fuse box, and a 10 or 15A fuse to fit in the fuse box. Fit your lights, plug them in and away you go.
    Good luck and I hope this helps.

PS You dont have to fit them in the factory location. I did mine a few weeks ago and fitted them further inwards - I can show you a picture if you are interested - different lights but similar situation.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey GeordiBandit, thanks this really helps. I've got the harness ready with the switch, just need to hook it up. would really appreciate a picture of your setup.
    Also wanted to know will it be an issue changing the bulb of this fog light to xenon? I'm getting the kits from a friend and will be getting the H7 and HB3 for the headlights, though I might as well go all out and do the fogs as well looking at 6K or 8K temp.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Georgie got most of it right, however you also need to check that the fuse box has the spade connectors for the fuse and relay as well. Some people report all the wiring but no connectors.

As for the conversion to Xenon, Probably not going to work. Xenons tend to be a long bulb, they won't fit inside a normal halogen fog as a rule. If you want Xenon fogs buy them already made that way. Hella do make a few sets of Xenon fogs.

Go for 6k, 8k is too blue and looses some of it's brightness. Beaware that there are strict laws regarding the placement of fogs, they have to be so far from the centre line of the car and within certain limits on height from the floor
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.