Thread: grooved discs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation grooved discs

which way around do grooved disc go... im outside now wanting to fit them but obviously dont want to put them on the wrong way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    They can go either way but normaly they are fitted as show in this pic.

Front ----------------->

the inside of the groove hits the pad first.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's the way I fit mine. Be prepared for a clicking noise from the brakes under braking, I think it sounds nice now I've got used to it.

It's the slots running under the pads which causes it.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah...thats how i did mine in the end

Alrite odd mate!!...

I did mine like that in the end, they look pretty cool too. I didnt put the back ones on yet though, maybe next weekend when i get a bit more time.

Mine don't click though Odd, i brake and don't hear a thing mate...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's the drillings doing it on mine then, or a combination of the 2.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation drilled and grooved?

But my ones are drilled and grooved too mate and they still dont make no sound, what pads you got mintex?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My discs are Tarox Sport Japans and the pads are Tarox Fast road pads. Great combination which works extremely well.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think mine were torax discs, but im using mintex pads..

Maybe they might make the noise once theyve bedded in, ive only done 3 miles on them.

i replaced new front pads, calipers and discs today...

Im still looking for some rear lucas calipers though, i dont want to pay £170 for the kit from Vauxhall. (thats including the brake cable and pads though). I've alread got the new rear drilled grooved discs, i'll fit them once i get the other bits maybe.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You don't need the brake cable if you've already got rear discs, only if you've got rear drums. The Bosch cable fits the Lucas calipers fine. I've sold quite a few sets of Lucas calipers and everyone has used the old cable.

Just found another set of Lucas calipers but already promised them to someone else on site. If I find another set I'll let you know.

Mine took a few weeks before they started clicking, think the pads need bedding in for it to happen.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Lucas

If you could keep and eye out for me that would be great. You 100% sure i can use my exsisting rear bosch disc brake cable on lucas calipers..

I was under the impression it had to be changed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast