Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Traction Control Problems

Hi chaps,

I'm having a problem where my traction control light keeps coming on and staying on under normal driving. It used to come on once in a blue moon when it came on/off boost suddenly, but now keeps coming on when driving at a steady speed i.e not accelerating as well. This has only started happening since I got my new wheels/tyres fitted and had my tracking corrected as apparently it was 'way off'.

Surely fixing the tracking can't have affected this ?

Any thoughts on this ?

Cheers

Tay

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate had the same problem and it was the central position sensor in the rack,If the ECU is getting false signals that the steering is'nt centered it will be attempting to correct the TC/ESP,Even if the cars going in a straight line, bringing on the management light.

Dave Dempsey is.... Darth Vader!
    He's a big **** with an attitude

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a the exact same problem. Do you have a dumpvalve by any chance? because this is what we established last time this subject was covered.

When you hold the throttle on half boost, when the dump valve is dumping, then it can confuse the ecu, in to turning the traction control on.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Edition
    230bhp remap air and exhaust mods

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe_turbo_jon
    I had a the exact same problem. Do you have a dumpvalve by any chance? because this is what we established last time this subject was covered.

When you hold the throttle on half boost, when the dump valve is dumping, then it can confuse the ecu, in to turning the traction control on.
    Yes mate I have a dump valve and know what you mean about when you have it on half boost it sometimes comes up which I do get but am not that bothered about. The thing is I can be driving at a steady speed off boost and the TC light just switches on and wont reset until the ignition is switched off/on again. This has only really happened since my tracking was corrected

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    Mate had the same problem and it was the central position sensor in the rack,If the ECU is getting false signals that the steering is'nt centered it will be attempting to correct the TC/ESP,Even if the cars going in a straight line, bringing on the management light.
    Hmm sounds interesting. Would tech 2 bring this up ? Maybe this was damaged when the tracking was re done ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This light (for omse reason) also comes on if you have an AFM or general air flow issue (leaky DV) issue.
    8 Astras in a row! Can Anyone Beat That?
    Star Silver Astra Sporthatch SRi XP 1.9 CDTi (150PS)
    A Vauxhall site about Vauxhalls.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWarner
    This light (for omse reason) also comes on if you have an AFM or general air flow issue (leaky DV) issue.
    Yes it sometimes comes on if it comes on/off boost suddenly, but this is once in a blue moon. Am seriously contemplating junking the dump valve and going back to standard setup

It just seems funny how it is now constantly coming on since the tracking was done

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem on mine when I had a DV and an induction kit and I blew my 4th mass air flow meter. Took the DV off and reverted to normal airbox and no problems yet ....... touch wood!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWarner

I thought my car seemed to be running a bit ruff and holding back, new AFM for me then.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it worth getting Vauxhall to run a tech 2 on it ? or would it not find a fault until the light comes on (probably wouldn't sods law) ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast