Thread: Help required from people in Leeds

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help required from people in Leeds

As you may know, I`ve recently bought a Scooby but am now selling it.

Without going into too much detail, the car requires more work that I first thought and have been advised to sell it as spares/repairs or scrap it and sell off all the good parts which would come to approx Ł4k. This isn`t good considering I spent over 6k on it.

I`m not bothered about the money, I can afford to scrap it and buy another but it`s the fact that this guy has ripped me off and has gone out of his way to hide all the bad points which were not visable when the deal was made.

Anyway, what I need help on is as follows. Most of the work on the car was done by a company called;

Advanced Styling
    Unit 9, Armley Workshops
    Pickering Street
    Leeds
    LS12 2QG

Their contact number is a mobile number and is never switched on. I`m suspecting that the company doesn`t exist as I cannot find any info on them at all.

If anyone in Leeds knows where this address is, all I ask is that the next time you are in the area please could you check it out me and see if they are there.

Or has anyone ever delt with this company, if they exist ??

Please no comments on what a complete prat I`ve been, I know all that.

Any help on this company would be great as if they are still going then they need to be stopped as their work is crap and they cut corners which you simply don`t do.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

List of all LTD and PLC companies in the UK.

Just search the name and see what it says.

If it doesnt return them then they either dont exist or arnt registered as an LTD.

BW you can only search monday to saturday 7am till 12pm for some reason.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, will take a look on Monday.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am going through armley today i will go have alook for you see if they are there or not will post later today with my findings

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

hi mate, im new to this. i went to leeds to see my cousin today and took a trip to armley. there was a advancedstyling there 2 years back but they didnt do bodywork but just imported kits. there was a guy there who has a pool table place and he told me they had bodykits and car parts but never did bodywork. so i dont really know whats going on here but i think the guy who sold you the car must have duplicated their invoices or summa. sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am affriad there does not seem to be any sign of them , i asked in a couple of units but they were not sure if they are still there . i managed to get a phone number of the people who rent the units so it might be worth you ringing them they might have a forwording address if they have moved , tel number is: 0113 2431204 hope this helps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks very much for all the trouble you`ve gone to guys, it`s much appreciated.

Although most of the invoices are only for parts, ie. wing mirriors, 22b wings, bumpers, wheels, spoiler ect there is one invoice which has been wrote out for bodywork on impreza. No VAT number either. Going to investigate this further as I`ve lost over Ł2,000 in 3 weeks on this car and I would hate him to do this to someone else.

It`s a lot of money to lose in 3 weeks of buying the car and I`m not going to let him get away with it that easy.

Many thanks guys.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats wrong with the car that it requires scrapping, did you buy it private or from a dealer?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Who ever carried out all the mods cut a lot of corners, where panels were smoothed the filler has started to crack.

Engine is no longer a flat 4, now a flat 3 with a misfire.

To cover myself I`ve put it back on ebay as spares or repairs only just to get rid of it.

Seriously regret selling the astra now, but going to look at a mk4 golf gti turbo this afternoon from a garage so that`s cheered me up.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

if it hasnt got a vat it means the guy must have wrote out fake receipts as all businesses have to put vat numbers on receipts by law i think. im not too sure.
    anyway did you buy it from a trader and did he say he owned this advancedstyling????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast