Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Design ?

When did the MK5 get auto headlights ?

Ive just had my hire car delivered and it a 06 ( 80miles on the clock lol ) 1.6 Twinport 'Design' Astra, seen as it was dark switched on ignition and lights came on, seen switch was set to auto, my sister has a 55 plate SXI and that dont have it ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well not sure, was following a 55 plate ASH a month or so back and went under a bridge and the lights came on, so guessing that had the Auto headlights on.

My dad had astra hire car last week, was also the 'Design' and also had the auto headlights on, very impressive. Was the first time I had sat in the new astra and really like it, except for the fact it didnt have the drinks holder in the door cards no more or the little cubby under the drivers footwell!!

I wouldnt have thought the Auto gadget would be an optional extra (may be wrong) perhaps it is dependent on the model?!
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine's an 06 plate 'Design'. Does have an auto lights on thingy and rain sensor wipers. 'Design' is quite high spec.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP
    Mine's an 06 plate 'Design'. Does have an auto lights on thingy and rain sensor wipers. 'Design' is quite high spec.
    yeah it has 4 elec windows aswell which is unusual for a vauxhall. Ill bed it in down the m6 monday

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, they come fully loaded. Only things that's are missing from mine are DAB, Satnav and cruise control.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Design comes with light and sight pack as standard.

You get, rain sensours, auto headlights and auto dipping rear view mirror. Option on sxi and sri for Ł150 IIRC.

Aswell as the half leathers. I really would chose a design over SRI just for the extra goodies. You still get the funky sport button too.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP
    Yep, they come fully loaded. Only things...cruise control.
    You got a diesel?

IIRC all you need to get CC is the indicator stalk and a tech2 reprogram to enable it in the oil burner engines. Different with petrol though.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skót
    You still get the funky sport button too.
    not on the 1.6 lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was quite suprised how well specced the Design was - Sight and light pack is cool and the half leather seats are a bonus (and very comfy).
    Also get a sport pack on the top line models - Lowered, 17" alloys, sports button. Then there's the blacked out rear windows, etc, all making it a hell of a package.
    Ex Golf R32, now mk5 Astra Estate 1.9CDTi (150PS, 232ftlb) Design on fat alloys.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ditto, an Astra Design with the sports pack and xp pack....in Estate format, unrivals any other model IMHO other than the VXR.

If I had the budget, I'd have added sports pack and xp kit to mine.

Choice estate is the 150bhp 1.9 CDTi estate. In Ultra Blue, with sports pack, xp kit and sat nav. Would look bloody lovely.

Skót, mine's 1.7 diesel. No powerhouse, but a big improvement over the utterly pathetic 1.7 DTi unit in the MK4.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast