Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my astra story so far...........

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face my astra story so far...........

my astra story

well it started when I past my driving test 4 years ago now I had a 5 door 1.4 8v multi point GLS it was a fantastic car and I loved it to bits, I fitted a K&N and left it at that as I drove all over the place – Newcastle, Nottingham all over

until 9 months into my driving experience I hit diesel on a round about on the worst weathered night ever and I hit a lamp post the insurance company wrote it off as the passenger side h/light was smashed and the structure had been creased I have no pictures of it sorry

I then bought a Renault megane and it was nice until I had LOADS of problems so I part ex’d it for this a 1.6 16v gls and it was fantastic & never had one problem with it. Drove it to france and back and was a total dream. I did loads of overtime and it paid for all my mods

Here is the outcome -

I had thought about adding a c20xe but in the end and after 2 years of research and cost hunting I was going to tune the 1.6 16v. the day before I ordered and booked my car in at Courtney sport for a mantzel power box this happened -

My mate was following me back to mine and as we came off the motorway I saw a truck coming so stopped. My mate in his corsa c life ( 1ltr ) came along at 70mph and thought id gone, he then realized as he parked his corsa in the boo of my car – I thought it would just be a new bumber when I realized what happened not a fecked car

After several weeks with a new fiesta I found this – a 1.6 16v CDX with air con, sun roof and toys :nod: it cost me £700 I stripped my old car and swapped the suspension, wheels, gsi lights etc all across and had a mini replica of my old car

I was struggling for money so I stupidly sold the wheels to a bloke with a mk4 & exhaust to Scotland to a lad with a mk3 I then drove to Bridport down south to swap the astra for a corsa gsi & £200 ( in total £1500 – so I made profit ) I drove it home and around, I realized it had a small ratio box in it as it topped out at 119mph I put it in for a MOT and it failed as needed welding and piston rings – I placed it on ebay and sold it to a lad in Birmingham for £1400 :thumb: ( he was a mechanic ) so 2weeks I owned it for

I then saw this advertised in the trader for £1500, I went down looked over it and test drove it. Handed over £1200 and it was mine was a fantastic car, had it on the rollers 2 days after I got it and it kicked out 133.9bhp at the wheels and 148.7bhp at the fly

I lowered it and added a exhaust – (off Reece on here!) TBH funds where tight and I was looking to get a 1.6 16v again so I sold it to a thug for £1300

Again sat in work on the trader as it was quite at xmas and saw a gsi going cheap so after 2 trips I went and bought it. Drove great and looked the mutts nuts! Pitty my insurance company didn’t enjoy my views on the car

Well It was time to get sensible as I didn’t have the funds to get the GSI how I wanted so sold her to Dave on here and went hunting for a mk3 1.6 16v 5door or estate. Yet again I bought on impulse ( I really shouldn’t I know! ) Sten offered the car to Lisa on astra-sport so I PM’d him and said id have it myself :laugh: so on the 18/2/06 I went to Scotland to collect it

And I shall not by another

yes i have lost the plot

so far ive owned

1x nova saloon
    1x corsa
    6x mk3 astras
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice little story kev! What plans you got for this one mate?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    What a time line Kev...... Some stunning Mk3's you have owned though... I am kind of the opposite though and hold onto my cars for long periods of time, just get too attached to them suppose
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    remind me to give u a VERY wide berth if i see u coming the other way, LOL. you've had some bad luck, i gotta say pal. At least you don't let it beat u though, you just keep gettin back on the ol' saddle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylB
    Nice little story kev! What plans you got for this one mate?
    WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

ive added some custom GSI rear lights, and tweaked the grill on my day off ( pic of the grill below )

got koni shocks and springs on there way & then ill sort the wheels out, not sure what tho. also colour coded vectra handles on there way.

funds permitting i REALLY want to c20xe it after having the gsi, but that can wait for now. im KEEPING this one and you CAN quote me on that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get an XE dropped in there boy only take a day

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    What a time line Kev...... Some stunning Mk3's you have owned though... I am kind of the opposite though and hold onto my cars for long periods of time, just get too attached to them suppose
    i either have a feeling for them or not. if i hadnt of had that bump then i'd still have the green one, tuned not had the same feeling for a car untill now!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCoupe
    remind me to give u a VERY wide berth if i see u coming the other way, LOL. you've had some bad luck, i gotta say pal. At least you don't let it beat u though, you just keep gettin back on the ol' saddle
    wont keep me down at all mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH
    Get an XE dropped in there boy only take a day
    well the XE out of my Gsi is going for sale cant afford it at the moment, want brakes sorted first TBH ( v6 jobbies ) but when i do tom ill be calling you to contact your mate

p.s = love the sig

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I know a mate who had a complete C20XE redtop calibra with full leather and 17" Millie Migla Evo 5's that failed its MOT doe to needing sill and arch work that he is lookign to either shift the whole car or break it. If your interested in the wheels or engine.... Would get them for a good price. I am going to see him this weekend to get soem pics to post ads in the for sale section.

EDIT just read previous post.... Wheels may be of interest to you though...?
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    I know a mate who had a complete C20XE redtop calibra with full leather and 17" Millie Migla Evo 5's that failed its MOT doe to needing sill and arch work that he is lookign to either shift the whole car or break it. If your interested in the wheels or engine.... Would get them for a good price. I am going to see him this weekend to get soem pics to post ads in the for sale section.

EDIT just read previous post.... Wheels may be of interest to you though...?
    yeah if you can add pics to the email aswell mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast