Thread: coupe 2.2 tips

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

coupe 2.2 tips

Iam sure this question has been asked many many tips, just looking for quick tips on what to look for if i were to buy a coupe 2.2, just technical issues not trim or add ons. I have the SRI Turbo at the moment but dont know anything about the 2.2 engine and what its common faults are, Am I right in saying there as been a number of different versions of this unit??

And out of a 1.8 and 2.2 what opion do astra sports members have of these, is one better that the other?
    SRI TURBO 2002 SILVER, CORSA 1.2

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hobviously 2.2 will be stacks better than 1.8. You also got 2.0 don't forget. As far as total Vauxhall says there is 1 version and 1 version only of each of these engines 1.8-Z18XE1, 2.0-Z20XEV and Z22SE. Why you going from 2.0turbo to 2.2 anyway, surely 2.0turbo is much more tunable?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2.2 Sri Astra and mine comes standard with the Irmscher kit. With a few simple mods the 2.2 can be tuned up a touch, I would pick the 2.2 over the 1.8 as I have owned both cars before and I like the 2.2 better. It is strange going from a Turbo to a lower spec engine. Good luck with what ever you pick

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find the Coupe 2.2 a pritty solid car, nothing has gone wrong in almost 2 years and 30,000k worth of miles. They feel pritty safe when your in them as there NCAP 5, body is pritty stiff for a Vauxhall. I don't find the Coupe 2.2 a partictally sporty car, and it's more of a cruser, It can shift if it has to and engine comes on a 3.5k revs. Sitting position is nice, as seat can be placed pritty low, steering is nice, worst complain is fly-by-wire throttle and cable gear box, it takes a while to get use to. The ESP is very good but you would know about that.

Only downside is the timing chains snapping, all you can do is make sure you pick one thats has the nozzle fix, then change the oil/filter very often. I find the 5w30 fully syth VX oil works best on mine.