Thread: Magnex back-box

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Magnex back-box

Just got it fitted today a magnex twin sqaure back-box on my 1.6 sxi with no other mods, it looks the nuts thing is i was expecting a nice stuttle engine note..... but nothing was quiet as a mouse! Its no different to the standard one as all

Tho a mate of a mate was telling me it takes a while as its new but when it gets a build of of something (forget what he said) he should then make a nice sound I take it hes talking utter shite??

Would it be any different when i de-restrict my airbox at the weekend?

Not looking for a roar lol!! Just a nice rumble and a nice note through out the revs any help?

Cheers
    MK4 Astra 1.6 16v SXI in BLACK
    Remus sport center section, magnex backbox de-resticted airfilter large bore intake, k&n air filter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it does take a while to bed in....... won't be loud though.......... More like ULTRA suttle, more noticable from outside though i bet.
    get a mate to rev while you listen from the back!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate so it should get abit better over time? how many miles are we talking here?

Also if i get a custom cat back pipe done that along with the airbox mod should make a diffence?

Remus sport center section, magnex backbox de-resticted airfilter large bore intake, k&n air filter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got a magnex back box on my 1.8 sxi and no you can't really notice the difference, fitted a k & n induction kit a while after and there was a slight difference, but not alot, the standard centre section has a large silencer which deadens the noise alot but i don't think you can just buy a magnex centre section to match, you have to buy the system to start off with !! The back box does look good though !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can get the centre section done, mate of mine bought a peco backbox, only a slight difference in sound if any. and long life did him a mid section for............. £180 i think i recall correctly, this was also with a de-cat, so would be less without.... custom made too!
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mmn Cheers for that, might go down R-Tec in St Albans and see what they can do..

Thing is i dint want to de-cat my zort beacuse of hte hassle of swapping it over at MOT time

Do you think its best to get a pipe made up from cat back and join on to the magnex?

SXi Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by Astra_sxi
    Mmn Cheers for that, might go down R-Tec in St Albans and see what they can do..

Thing is i dint want to de-cat my zort beacuse of hte hassle of swapping it over at MOT time

Do you think its best to get a pipe made up from cat back and join on to the magnex?
    would be a cheaper option

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just get a straight through centre section "off the shelf" from the likes of LMF ???? £77.99 on ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-4-REMU...QQcmdZViewItem providing its a Mk4 we're talking about .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mate got a full magnex system on his cavvy and that too was quiet as a mouse!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just get a straight through centre section "off the shelf" from the likes of LMF ???? £77.99 on ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-4-REMU...QQcmdZViewItem providing its a Mk4 we're talking about .
    Cheers for that! would it be easy to fit myself? bear in mind i'd only have a jack and not axel stands? would this center section make it sounds a bit better? and how would i go about with the cat during MOT time?

Sorry! Questions questions and more bloody questions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast