Thread: Milltek exhaust 2.5"bore or another.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Milltek exhaust 2.5"bore or another.....

I've been reading reading and more reading as to what exhaust to get for my GSI. Im still undecided what one to spend my hard earned cash on.

These are my points.....

I don't want a loud system!

Why do milltek alone use a 2.5 inch bore?

Does this make it better than buying the cheaper option of a pre cat pipe and sports CAT section from LMF??? Or does it tune it for dyno top end figures and not drivability?

Or should I go for a custom system from powerflow who might not be able to do the pre cat section......

I dunno.... Its nearly a grand for a turbo back system I just want to be happy when I buy it...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    steer clear or 3 inch systems if your using a kkk turbo, lack of back pressure can cause problems.

other than that you can do pretty much what you like, not really gonna be much init when comparing different systems, get a decent stainless steel system and pay a sensible price for it!
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also would like to know this for when i get my GSi. Not sure to buy a pre cat pipe then have a custom 'Ascar' system made up or go for the Miltek. As above i dont want a loud system but want to hear her roar.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well thats good then because I'd like to get my exhaust bit by bit starting with the pre cat.... Can't do that with the milltek.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got a blue flame system and it is nice and quiet when cruising, just fitted a regal decat and now it sounds like a rally car.... well thats what everyone is telling me anyway... ceratinly sounds "tuned" rather than just **** off loud. and the difference it makes to the power is really noticable.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its £347 for a miltek cat back system from courtenay and then £180 for the precat decat pipe.
    the sports cat is the expensive bit and doesn't do much unless ur using big power.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    daz - if you want the miltek i have a miltek backbox for sale from my 888 (if you have a coupe that is) - means you will save a little money as i think you can buy it in sections - the precat pipe is 150 from lmf, sports cat section 300 ish - there the same parts that courtenay provide

i have the scorpion/blue flame apparantly - also the sports cat and i have to admit with the replacement front pipe the car simply sounds awesome under load(does get a bit loud as you push the gas pedal but on normal speeds its a nice rumble)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 888rich
    daz - if you want the miltek i have a miltek backbox for sale from my 888 (if you have a coupe that is) - means you will save a little money as i think you can buy it in sections - the precat pipe is 150 from lmf, sports cat section 300 ish - there the same parts that courtenay provide

i have the scorpion/blue flame apparantly - also the sports cat and i have to admit with the replacement front pipe the car simply sounds awesome under load(does get a bit loud as you push the gas pedal but on normal speeds its a nice rumble)

I live near a small town, and the high street is very narrow and long and straight, and yes you guessed it last night about 1230pm, i had the windows down and full chat in 2nd and third,sounded foookin superb.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good man, i have a habit of looking for bridges at the mo and letting rip in them