Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update On The Nob Who Hit My Car!

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Update On The Nob Who Hit My Car!

Phoned the insurance and got told the car that hit me is a: not insured and b: not registered ... balls ...

This leaves me with a problem... I cannot afford my exess at the moment to get it repaired and also I will deffo not be able to afford my premium renewal if this claim goes against me

Only chance I have now is to find the twa* and where he lives, get proof of him driving the car and maybe take him to small claims...

Who knows if I am allowed access to the CCTV footage of the incident as this will help is I need to go to small claims?

I am sooooo pissed off right now that I would probably KILL the nob is I saw him...
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why don't you go and ask if you can have a look at the cctv footage and see if you can get a copy of it?

I know how annoyed you feel.

This happened to me in November last year. Some women hit me and drove off, I wasn't there, but a witness saw and left me her details and the women who hit me never told her insurance and now my insurance company are threatening her with court and she's admitted to it. I've just gotta wait and see what happens now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane_SRi
    lol, you're pure quality Lisa

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well if all else fails you could get all the AS members to donate a pound to you and then you'd have enough to pay your excess

Seriously though, i'm Sorry to hear its worked out the way it has, hope you get the b*****d.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    then you now need to go back and report it to the police

as if the cars not insured or registered it shoouldnt be getting driven
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Went to the police station earlier and apparently the car IS registered and they have sent a letter asking who the driver was to the registered owner.. The officer dealing with my case if off until Monday so I will need to wait for her to contact me to see if someone came back with the drivers name..

According to the officer I spoke to I am entitled to the CCTV but not the name/address of the registered owner ( data protection aparenty ), but I already know were he lives if I wanted to kill him and his family ( its compensation I want not revenge ).

So, I now hope the police will do him for driving uninsured and leaving the scene of an accident ( which is a serious offence ) and then my insurance company does not need to look far to try and squeeze him for money or whatever they do..

I am now so pissed off that I am also planning to take him to small claims to shaft him some more and try and get more money ( time/distress/loss of use and being a general tosser ) out of him ( cant see how I'd loose really )..

Fingers crossed I wil somehow win and as far as I know, if my insurance company gets their money back this will not be a claim against me ( if anyone can confirm this to me ) and my premium should not go up..

SXi Stu
    take him for all hes worth butty.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sploodge: Did you get Legal Expenses cover or Uninsured Loss Recovery? Now would be a good time to put it to some use. If it's included in your insurance policy, your insurance company will either have a department who can help deal with it or they'll pass it onto an outside company which provides the legal expenses cover.

IIRC, even if you take him to court and win, being ordered by a judge does not mean money automatically flutters out of his wallet and into yours : if he refuses to pay despite being ordered to, you'd have to take him to court again to force him to. At least if the insurance company does it, they foot the legal bill and have to do all the hard work.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spoke to a person at Adrian Flux today ( their claims people ) and was told that in the terms of having to fork out money and have it affecting my next premium that I am buggered and thats the way it is going to be..

I really dont want to fork out money for no reason and will not be willing to pay a higher premium for something I did nothing wrong so have decided to cancel the claim and leave my car as is ( damaged ) for now..

I considered using MIB ( motor insurers beaurau ) but even they have a Ł300 excess on property damage claims..

I was given a number that I could ring to get some FREE legal advice and got some info that will allow me to make a civil claim against the uninsured driver. According to them I am entitled to the persont name/address and have been given the relevant sections of the "data protection Act 1998" that says I am entitled:

(2) Personal data are exempt from the non-disclosure provisions where the disclosure is necessary-

(a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or

(b) for the purpose of obtaining legal advice,

or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.

So I will be going to the police on Monday to request the car owners info and the CCTV footage and begin the progress of taking him to small claims court..

I know this seems a load of effort on my part but I refuse to let nobheads like this laugh at the way the current insurance law stands and at my expenss.. I may never get the money back but at least I will know that I tried.

Dealing with this incodent has made me have no trust in insurance as in my opinion, when you pay for fully comp with all the bells and whistles and have some dick hit you who has no insurance and just be told TUFF it suck big time...

I will keep you all posted with my progress as any information I get from this will most definetly help others in this kind of case...

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck mate. Nex time i'm fishing in holyhead I may need some bait. If i do do you wanna help lop of his bollocks so I can use them?
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast