Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Few Questions....

Hi all, complete newbie, first post.

Just wondered if i could get a few questions answered about my astra. It's my first car and i haven't got alot of money to spunk on it, i just want a few mod's to tidy it up a bit.

Now i've got an R Reg (98') Astra MK3 1.6 LS 5 Door, as it stands i've sorted out the audio side of things. I started by ripping out the original headunit and installing an all singing, all dancing Pioneer unit (DEH-4700MP) then i added a fusion sub and amp pack in the boot for a bit of thump.

What i want next is some tints, then maybe some wheels. Here are my questions -

1) How much should i be paying for tints all round, i checked at pro tint in shirebrook, notts (handy to use since i work close by) and they quoted me £200. Is this too much or a good deal?

2) What size wheels could i squeeze onto my car without touching the suspension? Obviously for insurance purposes and to avoid forking out for extras such as springs etc.

3) Where can i get hold of some blue LED's, complete, without the need for DIY soldering so that i can hand them over to an auto electrician and get them put straight in? (I'm looking to do the entire dash, including light switches etc.)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I apoligise at this stage for any mistakes on my part in the questions, remember i am a n00b

Thanks in advance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kirsty on here for the LEDs, simple job as they come ready mounted in bulb holder, just like changing a normal bulb except you have to check the holder is in the right way BEFORE you reassemble the dash, if they don't work, remove, turn 180 degrees (the bulb holder not you ) and resinstall. It should now work.

I'd advise you forget tints as VOSA are getting very picky about them and issueing prohibition notices, fines will be next. They are saying no tints unless it came out of the factory like that.

Spend the money you save on tints on a good alarm, safeguard your ICE as the older the car the easier it is to break in as a rule, nothing like a good old break in to ruin your day.

Can't answer the wheel question as I have a MK4, I'd say 17 or 18 inch as a rule.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spunk on it? thats a new one. *jots it down*

Carry on...
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the info oddjob, much appreciated.

Turbo Scott, glad you learnt something mate