Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Squeeky Brakes???

Hey Guys,

About 6 weeks ago I replaced all the pads and discs on my Astra for EBC vented discs and EBC black stuff pads. I tried to fit them myself, but found the discs were rusted on, so had to take the car to a garage to get them changed. They swapped all the discs and pads for me and only charged me £40 which I was really happy with. The guy told me to go easy on the brakes for the first 150 to 250 miles till they bedded in a bit. After doing about 200 miles on them I did push the car a bit too hard and found the brakes started smoking. So I stopped the car and gave them 10 mins to cool off. However now my brakes squeel like crazy whenever I brake. My Dad told me it was dust trapped between the pads and the discs.

What I wanna know is, if my Dad is correct or not, and how to rectify the problem.

Thanks.
    Drives: Astra MK4 Coupe 2.2 & MK4 Estate 1.7TDI (Car Modification Diary)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you could try spraying some brake cleaner all over your pads and discs and see if that has any effect but if you have pushed your brakes to hard when they were to new you may have ruined them but its not likely, another thing to try would be take the pads off and give them a good clean

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt I would have ruined them. I didnt really push them that hard. Just up to about 80mph, and wasnt braking hard on them.

I wish I knew if it was the fronts or rears that are squeeking. Id imagine the front rather than the back, but I cant be sure.
    Drives: Astra MK4 Coupe 2.2 & MK4 Estate 1.7TDI (Car Modification Diary)