Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Powerflow Exhausts

Has anyone had one fitted?

Im after a custom sound, want a performance exhaust without the loud noise.

I want to hear it more than standard but don't want to look like a donut and attract attention from police.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a powerflow and am very pleased with it.

But...

If you want a performance exhaust and you can find an 'off the shelf' system with the tailpipe option you like from one of the decent manufacturers (Janspeed, Scorpion, Magnex, etc.) then I would go for that. They are usually mandrel bent whereas most powerflow dealers will use compression bends which reduce the cross section of the exhaust, harming performance.
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasher
    I have a powerflow and am very pleased with it.

But...

If you want a performance exhaust and you can find an 'off the shelf' system with the tailpipe option you like from one of the decent manufacturers (Janspeed, Scorpion, Magnex, etc.) then I would go for that. They are usually mandrel bent whereas most powerflow dealers will use compression bends which reduce the cross section of the exhaust, harming performance.
    ah

But.... I can't choose the noise.. Im worried i'd by one and it'll be too loud.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a full powerflow in a X18 engine, hit the RR 2 weeks ago and got 128 (I have the normal K&N, de-restricted air box, Veccy C)

so it gave me nice gains as my lump is a 115bhp average

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see where you are coming from Enkidu, I only got 1 box put on mine and it is probably a bit louder than I want, but the turbo does some silencing too.

Mav, what I meant to say was that you may get better performance gains from an off the shelf system. I think mine's better with the powerflow than standard, by a long way!
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mainly the restriction is the pre cat and the 400cpi main cat... Eventually those will be replaced for the performance... I just want a better sounding car without it being too loud...

It comes from when I had an exhaust on my old clio... It was very loud and to start with I thought it was great.. Then it was annoying... I dont want to ruin my gsi from being a nice car as well as a performance car.. if you know what I mean...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a precat mad eup by the powerflow place too. They had to use the original flanges that fit the turbo and cat (which sounds a bodge, but isn't!) using mandrel bent pipes and it's spot on!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu
    mainly the restriction is the pre cat and the 400cpi main cat... Eventually those will be replaced for the performance... I just want a better sounding car without it being too loud...

It comes from when I had an exhaust on my old clio... It was very loud and to start with I thought it was great.. Then it was annoying... I dont want to ruin my gsi from being a nice car as well as a performance car.. if you know what I mean...
    I’ve got a powerflow set up on mine mate, & wanted exactly the same as you, look good be a bit more throaty but not ridiculous! sooooo happy with mine, sounds eactly how I wanted it to......Just stress to them that you don’t want it loud & they can set it up that way! It will always be louder than standard anyway due to it being a free flowing exhaust!
    Astra Coupe - Linea Rossa

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool.. Right im sold then.. powerflow it is...

Even if it don't give as much bhp as a milltek etc im sure there wont be much in it. But at least I can live with it day in day out! :-D

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try to get some recommendations as to which powerflow dealer to go to.

There have been some reports that some aren't as good as others

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast