Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Handbrake trouble

Hey all
    just finished washing the car and thought that it would be a good idea to clean the rear arches as well but after jacking it up found out that the hand brake does not work on the passanger side how do i fix the problem?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    youve got rear discs then??? if the car was jacked up then the load sensor might be disabling the reare discs??? best way to test it is to go to an MOT station and get it on there rollers

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    load sensor? but when i checked the other side it was fine

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The load sensor only works on the hydraulic circuit (foot brake) and not the handbrake so it's defo not that.

On the rear calipers - are there four lateral ridges across the back o(outsdie) of the caliper??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeh there are why?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just checking you've got Bosch calipers before I tell you what the problem is .

Bosch clipers are notorious for stick, siezing and howling - some were upgraded for lucus ones under warrenty, but I assume your's is older than 3 years. In a nutshell they are fubared

It's a common if not annoying problem and has been covered loads aand loads of times in the past do a sreach for "Bosch Lucas" for all the gen you need. If you can't find an answer get back to us

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i havnt looked into the load sensors on the astra yet, my clio had a sensor which worked basicly on how low the car was, so if you jacked it up sensor would reduce the bias,

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buzz I have a brand new N/S Bosch rear caliper but have only just spotted on another post that the 4 stud caliper is different than the 5 stud. The part number on the box is 09196454 which I'm sure Geoff can figure out belongs on which stud version. If it's the one you need it's available for a very reasonable price
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats fantastic cheers but i dont think that there is anything wrong with the caliper. im going to have a look at it later on this week has anyone played with these calipers before and how hard are they to adjust?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I may have a spare bosch caliper kicking about, I have the same car, and have the same trouble, so was going to replace that caliper, but got a set of Lucas ones from that kind gentleman called Oddjob.

If your able to make the meet this Sunday I can dig it out and bring it along. May be able to get a new one too, need to see guy at local scrappy first though to see if he still has it...
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast