Thread: Sony adaptor lead to Steering wheels control

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sony adaptor lead to Steering wheels control

I have just purchased a secondhand Sony "Connects 2" adaptor lead to operate my Sony head unit from my steering wheel controls and to utilise the MFD on my MK4 Astra. The thing is with the lead being second hand there is no instructions for the connections, I can probably work most of it out myself but there are a couple of leads with crimped bullet connectors I am not sure about. One is a red wire and the other a blue/white. If anybody has fitted one of these before or has instructions for fitting one then any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to have one and there werent any crimped wires, it just plugged onto the iso block in the car then i attached the lead to my head unit to that.

Might be for the radio not saving the settings or something like that but im not sure.
    Astra Sxi. May 04 - October 06. Lots of non-vauxhalls since

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a sony connector and i havent used the blue with white stripe and the orange with white stripe not sure what they are for but everything worked.think blue is for an amp or electric arial and orange for telephone mute. i had to shorten my iso plug to get it all to fit in thats why mine was cut!
    ANDY

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sony stereo controls

i bought an autoleads 1 yesterday, the blue wire is for an amp remote or electric aerial, yellow i believe is for the fone, but on my autoleads harness its pink so unless you have these items just tape them up.
    the autoleads wire has two female ISO blocks which are coupled into the male ISO block on the cars loom then. the male ISO block on the autoleads harness goes into the female ISO block on the cd players harness. Easy peasy! lol, lots of wires tho!

If you want to but an autoleads harness im selling 1 for cheap, secondhand but never used, cut or abused, see the for sale section.

cheeky i know, but sorry!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your help guys. I have found that the Connects 2 web site actually contains the instructions for fitting my adaptor.