Looks like I have just a few parts to buy now.
This is what it failed on:-
- Nearside front suspension arm synthetic bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement
- Offside rear brake binding
- Offside rear brake pipe excessively corroded
- Offside rear brake hose ferrule excessively corroded
- Nearside rear brake pad less that 1.5mm thick
- Registration plate lamp bulb not working
And there were advisory items:-
- Both front top suspension bushes starting to split
- Front brake discs showing signs of wear
- Nearside rear brake pipe corroded
- Nearside rear brake hose ferrule corroded
What is worse is that you can already check the car out on the internet at www.motinfo.gov.uk and it is on there as a failure.
So, i cannot really drive it for work with all these cameras everywhere that check the car is insured, MOT'd and taxed. I will probably get fined or something.
The annoying thing is that I had a mobile mechanic come out and fit a new handbrake cable on Thursday, but he obviously did not adjust the handbrake correctly. I also checked the number plate light bulb during the week and bought a bulb from Halfords and changed it. I checked it when I got back home and it has already blown, so it lasted all of 3 days / 10 miles!!