Thread: Deferring Insurance?

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Deferring Insurance?

Just a question. Is it possible to defer your insurance policy for a number of weeks if you are selling your car and waiting for the new on to be delivered with a period of 4 - 6 weeks in between?

Or would you have to put the insurance on the new car as soon as you sell the old? Thing being, you can't insure somehting if your not the owner, even more if it hasn't been built yet.

Would the only legal option be to cancel the policy?
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you are wanting to keep the insurance policy going to make sure you get your NCB then just leave it running if it will save you money in the long term.

Theres nothing illegal about it, as long as you don't try to claim on a car you no longer own!
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Somehow I thought you would be the first in here. I'm sure you have a warning set up for whenever the term "insurance" is mentioned. lol.

Nah I wouldnt try to claim on the car. I'm thinking of PXing the car, but the tax runs out on the 28th so no point in keeping it till the other car is here when I can just use my mums.

Then when the new one arives just swap the policy over? Saving my 8 months of NCB.

Other thing... Im insured to drive anycar on my policy but if I sell my car and then crash my mums I'm guessing I wouldnt be insured?
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The insurance police offer a 24 hour service lad

Good question. I suppose technically they could probably get out of the claim, although they would be unlikely to ask about your car if you are making a third party claim.

Best not to drive your mums car really! or get yourself on her policy for the time being.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Owwwh, does that mean you're always in your uniform

Yea, thats probs best. The policys in my dads name so I'll have to give him a bell in the week.

Cheers
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG