Now this is a big debate between me and my girlfriend.
we go shopping and everything is fine until we get to the tea isle.
I personally like a cup of tetly in the moring as the flavour is nice and the tea bag design is simple and straight forward.
She on the other hand likes monkey tea or pg tips. I think this tea is not a patch on the quality of the tetly variety.
This is the philosephy behing the best cuppa
The key things to remember are to make sure you boil fresh water to more than 98.5 degrees centigrade, as it’s only temperatures in excess of this that can efficiently extract flavour from the leaf. Water should be fresh and not previously boiled to maximise the oxygen content. Also, despite a common misconception which dates back to when we all used tea leaves brewed in pots, milk should be added after the tea bag has brewed, otherwise it will lower the temperature from the optimum level and affect the brewing process
- Boil freshly drawn and freshly boiled water to more than 98.5 degrees centigrade.
- Pour the freshly boiled water onto the bag (in the cup) and brew for two minutes.
- Squeeze the bag against the side of the cup with a spoon for two seconds.
- Stir once, then squeeze for a further two seconds.
- Remove bag.
- (optional for milky tea) Add milk to brew last. For standard 270ml mug, optimum amount of milk is 16ml.
now what do you think appart from my insanity.