Thread: Mate got run over - kinda funny story

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mate got run over - kinda funny story

He is the type who likes a lot of drink and can be very dim-witted sometimes.

He was down in Glasgow visiting his family last weekend and got the train to Inverness then was getting the bus from Inverness to Dornoch but he fell asleep on the bus and woke up in Golspie (10 miles north of Dornoch). As he had spent all his money, he only had the option of hitching back to Dornoch and it was at about 5pm-ish. Just coming out of the 30mph zone but still in the street lights, a line of cars started approaching and he kept walking with his back to the traffic. 6 cars passed with no lift but there was one more he could hear. Now, he was on the very edge of the road and had his thumb out and guess what.... the 7th car hit his arm. He did a ballerina style flying leap into the ditch, smashed the windscreen with his arm and knocked the wing mirror off. Lucky escape. The woman driving got out of the car and went over all apologetic.

No problem he said, I am just trying to get home. The passenger in the car was on the phone to the police, reporting the accident and they came out and took my mate to the hospital (100 yards up the road!!!) where the doctors said he had a hairline fracture in his arm and should take it easy for a few days.

On Wednesday, the husband of the woman driving came into our work with an envelope for my mate and inside was a letter and an invoice. The letter was saying that the car was booked in for repair and that could he please pay the garage directly for the damage! Also included was a 'home typed' invoice from a vx main dealer with the damage repairs to be carried out. It was on plain paper and only had a price with heading 'parts' and a heading of 'labour' with another price. Total cost was £770 or thereabouts! lmao The invoice was obviously not from the vx dealer. To make a bit more controversy, it was a company car...

So, she ran him over, damaged her company car and has sent him a bill for the full cost of repairs. Can you believe that??!! lmao Bare-faced cheek!!

The end.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I wouldn’t have thought he was responsible since it was clearly an accident, if you hit a cat or dog you don’t go looking for the owner to claim for the damages!
    Unless the small claims court says differently I would politely decline her letter and tell her to go through the insurance, that’s what it’s for after all!
    towerstimes.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    he is in conference with his solicitor right now. he is not going to pay and is going to sue for personal injury

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If there was no pavement & he was on the edge of the road (right @ the grass verge) then surely the driver was at fault by hitting him.
    I think that I'd be doing the same as your mate, no way would I consider paying if someone had knocked me down.

If there was a pavement there & he is on the actual roadway that might be a different matter though.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only thing is if he was walking in the road due to no pathway was he on the correct side of the road walking towards the traffic
    Balck Astra K Elite 1.4 Turbo

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pedestrians always have the right of way. If the two collide, it is always the motorists fault.

He needs to make a counter claim for personal injury against their car insurance. They owe him money.

You're simply not allowed to run people over under any circumstances.
    Defend Freedom. You are the resistance!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW
    The woman driving got out of the car and went over all apologetic.
    She admitted it was her fault by that action alone - you only apologise if you've done something wrong

She's trying it on. Maybe she shouldn't have been out in the company car at that time, and trying to hide it from her bosses

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR
    only thing is if he was walking in the road due to no pathway was he on the correct side of the road walking towards the traffic
    you always walk towards the traffic to see whats coming etc
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane_SRi
    You're simply not allowed to run people over under any circumstances.
    Why did that make me laugh?! LOL!
    Sold my Astra to buy a house.

Now drive a 205 GTI 2.0 16v

Cheap and Chearfull!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOL qwalitee shane, that has gotta be best quote of 2006 so far
    GSi Turbo - CS2 - 253bhp / 275ft/lb Torque