Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Nokia 3230

The time has come for a upgrade and as usual i've pretty much had it in my head what phone I want and have been waiting for it to be released

Now I see the 6270 has been released and also on O2's website I see the 3230 that they are giving away free satnav on
    Quote Originally Posted by O2
    Get a complete satellite navigation system when you buy the Nokia 3230 on Pay Monthly. The kit includes everything you need to use your Nokia 3230 as a sat nav system whenever you are out and about - the software covers the whole of the UK (more than 280,000 miles of road) and gives simple to follow turn by turn instructions both by voice and on screen.

Included in the pack is a Bluetooth GPS receiver that picks up your location from GPS satellites and transmits it to your phone, Route 66 Mobile satellite navigation software for use on the phone, a 256MB memory card containing maps of the UK and a car charger for the GPS receiver.

There are no additional charges for using the software - it runs just like any other application or game you would use on your phone. This is the first package of its kind for Nokia phones and usually retails at Ł199.99. Route 66 is a leading provider of Sat Nav software in the UK
    Just how good can it be and also it seems the 3230 is a older phone now so anyone got any experience of it. Also it says it has full internet access?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the N70 also comes with the sa tnav, although you may need to pay alittle extra.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    N70 could either be Ł10 cheaper or Ł30 more expensive depending on how they do my upgrade.

I have however used my brother phone and couldn't get on with how slow the menu functions are
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you only get sat nav software on new contracts, if ur just upgrading u wont get it

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mb0809
    you only get sat nav software on new contracts, if ur just upgrading u wont get it
    Cheers for that mate, didn't know that and it saves me asking when I call them up

6270 it is then although I now see there's a new "N" series phone out in a few weeks, the N80 with a 3 megapixil camera

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    3230 is massively slower than the N70...........
    In fact, the N70 is pretty quick unless it's "just" started up - once you go in and out of the menu it's fast as.... Most nokia (and others) phones are "slow" these days, the 3230 is VERY slow compared to the N70 and i'd suggest the N70 i sa pretty fast phone... I've been UAT'ing them... the N70 is a VERY good phone if you can stand the size!
    Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra SRi 2.2L
    For all your Car Audio Questions
    http://mig2.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nutter.jpg
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks
    Cheers for that mate, didn't know that and it saves me asking when I call them up

6270 it is then although I now see there's a new "N" series phone out in a few weeks, the N80 with a 3 megapixil camera
    Simple, tell them you're going to cancel your contract and move to someone else. They'll give you the phone and software.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubugger
    3230 is massively slower than the N70...........
    In fact, the N70 is pretty quick unless it's "just" started up - once you go in and out of the menu it's fast as.... Most nokia (and others) phones are "slow" these days, the 3230 is VERY slow compared to the N70 and i'd suggest the N70 i sa pretty fast phone... I've been UAT'ing them... the N70 is a VERY good phone if you can stand the size!
    N70 is miles slower than my present 6230 and it hadn't just been switched on

Quote Originally Posted by Skót
    Simple, tell them you're going to cancel your contract and move to someone else. They'll give you the phone and software.
    I have a feeling i'm going to have to do that anyway to get any sort of deal out of them anyway

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you seen anything on either the new nokias, 3250 or N91. The 3250 uses a microSD card, not sure what size is compatible, it has a 2MP camera. Or the N91 which looks pretty flash has a hard disk of 4GB and also has a 2MP camera. Not sure on due relaease dates of these tho.
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    6230 is an "old" phone now.... The 6230i is a little slower and the newer 6101, etc, is as slow as the N70 as well IMHO! Memory card access in the N70 is SLOW though for the gallery if you load it up with stuff
    Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra SRi 2.2L
    For all your Car Audio Questions
    http://mig2.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nutter.jpg
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast