Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

any mk3 sport estates

hi all
    i,m new to the site and know more about cars than computers so bear with me.

i,ve just brought a astra estate 1.8 16v sport on an n plate, i,ve seen loads of hatches but hardly any estates, how common are the sport estates?
    also i can,t get the factory alarm too set i think it,s the fuse cos the indicators dont flash when you lock the doors. all the switches and sensors are on the car so i know it,s got an alarm just can,t set it.
    any help would be appreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if i remember correctly the alarm will not arm unless u deadlock the car - is it on the key or remote? if the remote then press lock button twice to deadlock and alarm the car - if it doesnt have a remote (i have a mk4 so unsure exactly about mk3) then turn the key as normal to lock the car but turn it a further 90 degrees approx. - this should arm the alarm, deadlock and the led below the hazard warning switch should flash.

As I said before - i dont have a mk3 so the above info might be totally way off the mark so apologies in advance. Give it a few hours or so and all the mk3 owners will be out in force to offer u some much needed advice.

As for the estate issue! Ive only personally seen a few and they were in that rather "dramatic" pineapple yellow colour.

Anyway welcome to Astra Sport ! and as every1 will be telling u soon - get some pics up! we all like to see what each others motor looks like.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had one once (in the best colour)...

And I can't remember the indicatirs ever flashing when you locked the car - the only tall tale that the alarm was on, was the led on the dah board.

The best wat to test it is to deadlock it with a window down, wait about 30secs (to make sure it's set) and then stick you head through the open window.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no mines on a key i,ve tried turning it 90 degrees but it will only go 45 degrees and physically wont go any further either locking or unlocking.
    how do i deadlock the doors by the way?
    thats a nice colour mine,s a sort of mettallic blue and it the quickest car i,ve had, way faster than my old 8v gte

Rosco83
    to deadlock the car, lock as normal with key, then continue to turn 45 degree's to the left. Key will be horizontal and that should be it done. And i think the alarm only comes on when you do so... and not on normal locking.

You may also have the window closing feature where you hold your key in the locked postition for a second or so & your windows close. Easy to try...

If car has alarm with remote locking im pretty sure its the same as the newer model Vauxhalls. Pressing keyfob twice deadlocks it & activates alarm.

Thats what my Cavalier is like, but..... i could be wrong

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate i.ll run down my garage and give it a try, i don,t want to leave it outside cos knowing my luck some thieving git will have go at nicking it if it aint alarmed.

i live in telford, say no more

sorry i put my original post up twice still trying to work out the computer

Rosco83
    no worries.. just muck about a little & you'll understand it....

Welcome to Astra-Sport