Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxhall astra V reg GM engine 17tdi none runner

Vauxhall astra V reg GM engine 17tdi none runner

Ive got a vauxhall astra v reg 1999, 1700 turbo diesel. 8 valve GM low blow engine.

I put £15 bio diesel into car, then a week later I put £20 normal diesel into car as it was near empty. I was driving along at 40mph when suddenly my engine management light came on, the car then cut out and wouldn’t start again, So I took injector off a little bit to see if any diesel was coming through injectors, no diesel at all coming through, bone dry.

I took car to get diagnostic test on it, the bloke said my fuel injector pump is faulty and would need replacing, he also gave me these fault codes, p0400, p1631, p1651, p1345, p1630, po725. So I bought a second hand fuel injector pump of ebay. It’s the exact same fuel injection pump wih part number 0470004003. paid a garage to put it onto car, garage rang me and said its on the vehicle but the car still wont start, they towed it around the block, still wont go, they have checked to see if the pump is getting diesel to injectors, no diesel coming to injectors.

As they had done there job I paid them and took car to vauxhall main dealers as garage said the pump mite need reprogramming, vauxhall reprogrammed the pump and car still wont start. So I paid vauxhall to run a diagnostic on it. They then rang and said the machine is coming up with pump malfunction number 3. I said whats this mean, they said that either the pump timing was out or it’s a faulty pump. I rang garage and garage said even if the pump timing was out, the pump would still pump fuel to injectors. So now im back to square one.

Does any one have any ideas or is it time to burn the car, as im proper close to smashing it to bits. Could I have been sold a dodgy pump even though the bloke of ebay said it was working… thanks

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Diesel pumps are really expensive and you've gotta know what your doing to repair one. Now I'd ask vaux if they could put a known working pump on to try that as you don't think it is. See what they say. They may say no but just tell them if it works you'll buy it. (Usually there happy with this). A tech 2 diagnostic is not conclusive itself. Don't get me wrong there great peices of kit and have helped 1'000's of people but that doesn't mean there 100% accurate. I'm sorry but the things I know about a diesel I could write on the back of a postage stamp. I hope what I've said helps a little?

all the best
    jam

Welcome to AS. Put a hello down in the chit chat and then I'll post a link to this problem for everyone to look at. (you'll get more coverage that way).
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was it porper bio diesel?

some raw forms can strip the coating inside your fuel tank/pump

so i would be pretty sure it was your bio diesel
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP