Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlight Lifting Motors

Right i got a mk4 astra td

When i purchased the car i noticed the headlights werent pointing correctly and decided to take a look..

Due to the car having a towbar i was told the lights will of been adjusted for when theres extra weight at the rear.

Well now i cant change them back.

Near the steering wheel i am aware of an adjuster at present is best on 3. I want to be able to make it so standard is one again with lights aiming the correct position.

I know about the allan key holes just behind the headlights to adjust. on one side it does not seem to be working.

It seems niether of the motors are working from the adjuster.

Any ideas to how i can resolve this would be greatfully apreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get someone in the car to fiddle with the adjuster knob. Watch the lens and see if they move. If they don't check the adjuster motor is properly engaged with the lens, it's a sort of cup and ball affair. Slide the ball on the adjuster into the cup slot on the lens, if you can't pull the adjuster motor out of the headlight when you twist to remove it, it's fitted right. If it pops right out it's doing nothing. When you get it engaged twist it back into position and watch them move then.

One allen key does vertical movement the other does horizontal.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.