Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test drove VXR for 5wks,2400 miles, I just ordered one!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Test drove VXR for 5wks,2400 miles, I just ordered one!

Who else can say they have test driven a VXR for 5 wks and a total of 2400 miles?

My insurance have writen the car off and authorised replacement with the dealer for a like for like factory order. Amazingly (with a little help) ive found a blue one with 19"s, climate, cruise, leather, xenon AFl and rear parking sensors.

Only catch being it is 1100 more expensive cos of the AFL and parking sensors although I am minus the smokers pack 50 so 1050 to pay. Informed my insurance that i could possibly have this car by the end of next week and could they come to some arrangement on it reminding them they have to pay for a hire car until my replacement factory order turns up late April. Without any hassle they have gone for it although I have to pay 400 plus my 400 excess. Im in the associate partners scheme so its a little cheaper than the retail prices listed above.

The car in question is not confirmed yet but I will know Monday and if we can have it I will be travelling about 400 miles on Friday to fetch it, again saving costs cos nobody wants to pay the transportation costs. I have a hire 1ltr corsa so it will only cost about 30 to get there then abondon it and put the first 400 miles on my new VXR going home(as if im going to stop when i get there ). Picture it driving a corsa all that way with a tax disc and two number plates it just sounds funny but im up for anything to get me back in a VXR. Missing it like crazy and all I keep readin is how much everyone is loving them.

My first one had no gears when it arrived, got booted n dented on the 5th day and then it tried to kill me(well the mud did) on the 5th week so im glad to be shot of it. It said C F**k U on the plate and lets face it it did 3 times.

Cant bloody wait, all you VXR owners know how I feel except this time I know how good it is and until Monday i aint sure if I can have it or wait till late April.

For anyone reading this who's been involved in the background THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE EFFORTS!
    Astra VXR - 1st RIP - Black, 19"s, Climate, Cruise n Full Milltek
    The Black one
    http://www.mrmike.toucansurf.com/TheBlackOne/
    Blue RIP
    http://www.mrmike.toucansurf.com/TheAff/

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got my 1.6 sport back today... It feels liek a vxr compared to my mums fiat brava.

Sat in a nice VXR Vectra / astra and Zaffy at the vaux garage before. Ace in the skin!
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    even tho its been smashed - it still looks great

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What is wrong with it to make it a write-off? From the pics ive looked at it looks like it just needs new front and rear bumpers and a bit of paint. And for a ~20k car there would have to be a lot of damage to write it off!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4TT
    What is wrong with it to make it a write-off? From the pics ive looked at it looks like it just needs new front and rear bumpers and a bit of paint. And for a ~20k car there would have to be a lot of damage to write it off!
    the insurance company can get the cars cheaper than we do so if the repair is more than 50% of the car price they usually write it off

and if IIRC his was 52% to fix so they wrote it off

remember its not just the damage you see on the panels
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From memory it also required a door, side skirt, 4 wheels and more or less a full respray, with hourly rates averaging around 40 an hour or so (proabably a bit lower to the insurance company but even still), plus it required the 2 radiators, intercooler, front panel, etc etc. easy to get it upto 51% of the cars value.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey
    From memory it also required a door, side skirt, 4 wheels and more or less a full respray, with hourly rates averaging around 40 an hour or so (proabably a bit lower to the insurance company but even still), plus it required the 2 radiators, intercooler, front panel, etc etc. easy to get it upto 51% of the cars value.
    That pretty much sums it up, I never seen the quote but i know they were replacing n/s quarter cos the door was rammed into it plus front cross panel is bent along with lots of other little bits. Just as an example the entire bumper for a G GSI costs more than 600 (without fiiting or painting) with all the grills and two fog lights so at retail prices there is a lot of costs to put it back together. Remember it has to be fixed to the standard of straight out of factory cos of its age so anything little would still have to be delt with.

I wish the phone would ring and confirm if i will be driving a VXR by the end of the week or waiting until April... Cant sit at peace, just ring me please and put me out of my misery.
    The Black one
    Blue RIP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder if yours was the first one killed in the country then? Such a shame for it to have such a short life, but at least your ok and getting another brand new one.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coup 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hadn't really thought of it like that (not that i was thinking very straight yesterday after saturday night....)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great news...

Unfortunetaly the car I talked about has been confirmed as sold so I cant have it The good news is the dealer has gone out of there way to source me another from any dealer but although they failed to match options they have a Black one with 19"s climate, cruise plus already treated Auto Glym treatment. The customer has cancelled for whatever reason and the car was PDI'd and treated waiting for collection. I will be missing the full leather and heated seats but in place i will have a full Milltek fitted

Picking up Friday 9:30am on the dot!

Thank feck i thought i was waiting until late April for a minute there, I wanted blue cos i think it is the nicest by far for showing off the angles of the VXR but black would have been second choice although always said I would never have black cos i would end up in a straight jacket tryin to keep it clean.

Never seen a black one in flesh until today and I have to admit it does look nice, still wish it was blue but hey car in three days time and a full Milltek.
    The Black one
    Blue RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast