Thread: Help with a Kenwood KDCw-7027

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help with a Kenwood KDCw-7027

Does anybody have an idea how the eject system is supposed to work on this model. (It's one of the ones with the flip down front panel with the butons below and the display up top.

On mine, when I press eject, the panel opens as though it was going to eject the CD and... nothing! you then have to press the eject button again (this then closes the display) and then a third time to open the display at which point the CD ejects.

Also, on a few occasions, when you press eject, the panel opens and then immediately closes again without ejecting the CD.

I need to know this pretty quick as well as the warranty runs out this month!

Thanks in advance
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Strange...just read about an 8027, which has an 'once in a blue moon' eject problem.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The flexi break on them

I had it happen on mine,

Kenwood wanted £60 to repair

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasher
    Does anybody have an idea how the eject system is supposed to work on this model. (It's one of the ones with the flip down front panel with the butons below and the display up top.

On mine, when I press eject, the panel opens as though it was going to eject the CD and... nothing! you then have to press the eject button again (this then closes the display) and then a third time to open the display at which point the CD ejects.

Also, on a few occasions, when you press eject, the panel opens and then immediately closes again without ejecting the CD.

I need to know this pretty quick as well as the warranty runs out this month!

Thanks in advance
    try the reset button aswell as i had a similar kenwood that i sold to duff on here and it jammed one day like that.

try reset or pullout the power and plug back in