Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Body Coloured Grille on my new Sport

Hi,

Had to do something to my new 1.6 Sport twinport before I put ye olde traditionale photoes up on astra-sport. Luckily I bought an FK grille of DaveCoupe via the for sale section on Friday. Arrived 8:30 Saturday morning - thanks Dave - so I had a spare Sunday afternoon to play and turn it body-colour (Silver Lightning) as I haven't seen many like that, mostly black ones. I did a Photoshop to see how it might look and went ahead, now it's on the car it looks (to me) far better than I thought it would. Felt a bit guilty about sanding it down as Dave had done the bars silver and the outer black so must have spent a looong time masking it and now I've trashed it!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont look bad at all mate, good job!!! getting some rims next yeah???!!

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ace plates.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope, I'm not really a modder and I'll be keeping it looking pretty much stock like my last one. Don't want to attract too much attention from plod/the paintstripper gremlins.

Only plans at the mo' are to put my Eibach springs on (saved when I PX'd the old one). 30mm so not really noticeable but work miracles with the handling. Next time I'm feeling flush I'll put some stickier rubber on (stock P6000 currently).

In the far future I might consider a rear ARB as I keep hearing good things about them. Maybe even some real brakes in a couple of years. Not fussed about huge amounts of power but I really enjoy the twisties, especially if there's something covered in vents and skirts behind me. Once we're back on the straight bits I like to be sitting at the speed limit in my stock-looking shopping mobile as they fly past at 150 zillion mph with their passengers asking them why that little old lady was quicker in the bends.

My car lives on a farm - have to cross a rough yard to reach the road so full-on track lowering is out of the question. Our country lanes round here are too rough for a seriously stiff car too so have to be careful to strike a balance between ride/handling.