Thread: Can anyone help?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone help?

Bought my astra back on 1st december, now discovered first problem with it....washerjets dont seem to want to work! Before anyone asks, yes there is water in, and definantly not frozen. For a week or two they worked sometimes but not others, now seem to have gone off completely? rear still works....cheers for your help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had this problem with mine mate. Took it to vx as i could hear the motor was working. They asked if i was using a detergent in the wash. I was and they told me not to as it blocks the filter. Anyway they took it and washed out the filter and it stopped working again within a week. Took it back and the flushed it with a jet wash. This appears to have worked although now and again they dont work. Guessing a bent tube somewhere but not bothering me enough to check. Cost me £30 but id do it myself now as you need to take the arch out to get at the bottle. Someone on here will probably be able to give you a detailed how to.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    My missus's car suffered from the same. Some detergents block it up as was previously said. There should be 2 tubes coming from the bottom of water tank. Take these off and wash them out. Put them back on and off you go.

NEVER use fairly liquid or anything of the sort as this blocks it up everytime. I use Halfords pre diluted -8 5L stuff. Effective, cheap and never causes any problems.

Hope that helps
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The washer bottle will be lined with a layer of snot-like substance. Ther olny way you're gonna stop it re-occuring is to remove the bottle from the car, cleam out the filter on the pump and give the bottle a damn good cleaning.

Best way to get ALL the snot out is to put a handful of pea gravel in it (seriously), and a about two cups of warm water in it and give the bugger a damn good shaking (cover the holes up). Rinse and repeat till the water comes out clear

The gravel will rub the crud off the inside and then when all is clean just rinse thoroughly and refit.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers very much guys, ill give it a go, havent got any sort of detergent in, just a bit of anti freeze. will give it a good clean