Thread: Hows this for a story?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hows this for a story?

The story starts with my grandad, who unfortunatly was brought up in the quarriers home (orphanage) with his other 2 brothers. He was the youngest of the 3 brothers. Now his eldest brother was a bit of a rougue and kept running away and the other brother was violent (gladly no traits my grandad has). Anyway both his brother ran away from the home when he was about 2 and he never seen them again, untill my aunt found a copy of the scotsman where one of the brothers had left a message looking for his other 2 brothers, so she sent it to my grandad who thought he should mayby get in touch. the oldest brother was living in london and the other in canada but as chance would have it the brother in canada had the scotsman sent over and seen the same advert looking for the 2 other brothers from quarriers homes.

So anyway they ended up meeting in barrhead in scotland where for my grandad at least was the first time he had ever seen them. Sadly as you can imagine they were all strangers meeting in a pub and never got along and parted ways, and a few years later he finds out that his brothers are dead.
    Now here is the interesting part.

Their parents before giving them away left a substantial amount of money to the 3 brothers which has been hidden. Now my grandad doesnt want the money as he would have rather had a family than being brought up in a home (especially the treatment he suffered)

So what would you do would you dig deeper into the story or leave it as history (I would like to add me or my dad dont want any of the money)

there are a lot more stories that go in with this but would take years to type up so this is the very very short version
    -.. . - . -.-. - .. ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -.. . .- -.. ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow thats amazin! to think all that time passed w/o seeing them. i would like to go deeper and investigate, you say noone wants the money. im sure you wouldnt mind having it, i mean everyone could do with a bit extra. failing that spilt it up between all family he wants. amazing story!
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get the money and donate it to an orphans fund
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigY
    get the money and donate it to an orphans fund
    yes hes right some one should benifit from it, Dani had similar thing happen, when Danis mum past away, there was ment to be a substantial amount that her mum got from suing a care home for neglect of her grandmother, the money was never touched due to the way it had to be got, once she passed away no one new were or what had happend to it, dont want to delve to much but its never been found and none of the children want it in respect of the reason her mum didnt want to use it. If you find it then let someone benifit i.e children in dire situations ect, if you can not find it then let it lie, in the past.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You see My grandad doesnt want the money like I said, and to be honest either do I or the rest of my family, I know some of my dads cousins (of whom he has never met due to the fact they were the sons/daughters of my grandads brothers) tried to get the whereabouts of the money from my grandad as they wanted it (greedy gits if you ask me).

But it is interesting concidering all the other stories I have heard about my grandad, like the bannana grove incident, in korea where he dropped his gun by accident and the rest of his bettalion shot off their guns (basically in fear as they were all young boys) and killed 64 people but as I said thats another story.

But craig see if the money did come into our hands thats exactly what would be done with it, it would be given to some childrens charity!

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats pretty interesting. Find the money and donate it to a charity. Either an orphonage, or cancer research or something.

I also have a bit of a prediciment.

My Dads Dad left him and his mum when he was about 2, therefore never my dad never really knew his dad. However, his dad then went onto re marry and have 6 other children. Therefore my dad has 6 brothers and sister hes never met, although he knows where they live. TBH, no offence to my dad, but he is a bit of a waster. Hes split with my mum and now lives above a pub where he works (my mum reckons he part owns it) after hes finished his shift at royal mail. Hes usually working or drinking and never doing eanything else so hasn't really had the drive too meet his brothers and sisters.

However, I have 6 Aunts and Uncles aswell as a Grandad out there I have never met, aswell as god kows howmany couisens. Do I respect my dads wishes and not track them down, or try and get in touch?

Barein mind im only 19, so having a youngish nephew / grandson track you down may be a bit daughnting for some people. Plus IDK if they know about my dad / their dads previous life.

What would other people do?
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The thing is when you meet these people as I said earlier it would be like meeting a stranger in a pub, you have a drink and then you go home. During that drink you will know whether or not it was worth it, they might be nice people that never knew about you or they could be twits. But only you can make that decision I would speak to your dad

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea, my mum told me that my Grandad was in the paper quiet a few years back for coming into quiet a bit of money, but the paper also said he was a bum, on benifits etc. So maybe they are scum of the earth. But, family is family.

Plus, onday I may need a new kidney or liver... Who better to donate
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i`d want to investigate it further paul not for the money just because it would interset me to find out about my grandads life etc

let us know how it goes

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    great story m8. Ur grandad should investigate more and see the rest of there lifes..>
    Also safest and best way ever would just be to invest as much as you can in the childrens charitys...
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"