Thread: cars gone and new one is here

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cars gone and new one is here

well after planning on getting a leon cupra the plan sort of went downhill when i agreed to get a mortgage with the girlfriend so as we agreed to cut down on costing i couldnt have the car i wanted so i agreed to let her pick one ( yes bad move i know)

so after looking at a few she decided she wanted a saxo vtr i was abit about this as i thought there would be abit of a drop in performance anyway to cut along story short i said we could have a saxo as long as i could either mod it or it was a vts so here is the end result

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scf12659qu.jpg

a little vts its alot quicker then what i thought and quicker then the astra too handles AWESOME well it does when it isnt in the garage !!!

flame away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are very capable cars and not as unreliable as people say. I had a VTR for 2 years pretty much trouble free. Still the most fun car I have driven handling wise.

Its just a shame about the image and driving position really. I was starting to really feel like a chav in mine so I sold it. Still miss it in a lot of ways, great fun little car.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer driving it can be a pain pedals are very close together test drove a few vtrs and they were fun but glad i went for the vts just like you say im a "chav" now

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks a tidy example but them front windows will cause u alota greif!
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tell me more? i aint up on laws and stuff if thats what your on about

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    theve well over dark... Think ur not aloud any tint on the windows @ all but ive got 35% tint and havent been hastled yet but there pratically limo black!!!

The police will tell u 2 get them removed basically
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry m8 really dont like these cars, have heard bad things about them and have had a few friends that have had problems with them. hope all goes well with urs mind. god luck with the house and the moddin

hanson
    America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up!

52 plate star silver 1.4 16v
    on the road to moddin

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I beg to differ that the saxo is not an unreliable car. Had one before my astra for about 3 years, everything went wrong on it that could go wrong. The guy that worked for citroen even said he hated the damn things and I should get shot of it before it rusts through and blows up (I laughed nervously with him). One of the main things was the ECU having to be reset and eventually swapped, look on the saxo forums for over reving, and driving itself! I come to the point that I would rather have an older car that was worth less than that peice of french crap...but I held on for my beloved astra ......never again citroen.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been in soooooo many saxos and it has to be said they handle fantastically! And as far as im aware the vtr's especially, are very reliable if a bit tap tap tappy when they get on a bit.
    Nice looking cars, its just a shame that the reputation has destroyed them.
    Black Magic Seat Leon Cupra 20VT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are like any other car, if you look after them and service them regularly then they will generally be ok but like any car they have their faults from time to time. I think it makes matters worse that most of them will be ragged senseless for most of their lifes.

I can only speak from my own experience and I had 45,000 trouble free miles in my VTR. My only issue was a leaky sunroof which I believe is a common problem - the inside is rather flimsy and poorly built.

Don't get me wrong, I would never have another citroen and I hate the badly modded ones and the kids that drive them as much as the next person but people are a bit harsh towards them imo.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast