Thread: Dam Gsi!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dam Gsi!!!

Well, the engine noise we had started hearing got a little worse this week, the vx garage were doing nothing to help as they were constantly too busy to look at the car - so, i got my mrs and the baby to drive there in the end and asked her to go inside holding the baby and say "somthings wrong with the car - can you please look at it (Baby cried too which i think helped) anyway................. the mechanic came out to the car and looked over it only to give us bad news: the car needs the waterpump, hose and belt changing!!!!! he said the car is undriveable and we will need it for 1 week!!! o and we have no courtesy cars!!!! hahaha i have to laugh otherwise im gonna cry!!! thankfully the car still has 7months remaining on the warranty but im still unimpressed that we aint go not car now and we live in the middle of the oxford country side!! o well, few days of work!!!

anyone else had similar probs?
    Sold Subject to Status - 2003 MK4 ARDEN BLUE > SEE PIC > ....GSi

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no courtosy cars? get em to give you one off the forecourt?
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hire one and send them the bill.

Ring Vauxhall Customer Services (01582 427 200) and explain the situation and tell them it's not good enough.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its fine with them when they empty your bank balance!! but just because one of there vehicles has decided to go tits up i have to walk everywhere with a baby!!!! and still i have an empty bank balance

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Carl, i wasn't joking ring VCS m8y.

They're very helpful, i'm sure if you'll explain you have a baby etc and you need a car. Make sure they know everything too. Tell them you went and they "didn't have time" to look at your car etc. it was only when your girlie and baby went would they listen.

Don't be rude and shout etc, be firm and polite. I'll be surprised if they dont help one way or another.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Force them to give you a courtesy car mate, I did when my GSi went in for a seat problem. If the dealer has none Keif is on the right track, head office will arrange for a hire car, make sure its fully insured as well. Water pump is a known issue with the Zlet, Vaux know this, take no crap!!

You may have to pay a deposit, can't remember why I had to, but I kicked off a with head office about that as well.

IMO most Vaux dealers just take the p1ss with their lack of customer care, they seem to take pleasure in being awkard. Just force everyone to do exactly what you say, I do.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SNAP

I only had the water pump and cam belt plus rollers done last week after my GSI developed a slight noise. I was given a courtesy car and then a hire car as the car was off the road for more than 24hrs. In total it only took the garage a day to do the work, so 1 week sounds excessive but then again they might have to order in the parts. Mine has only done 9800miles which is shocking, which is why I am now probably going to get a Golf GTI next.
    The owner of a silver Astra GSI Turbo.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My Vauxhall dealership refused to give me a courtesy car when my car was in for its ECU because I couldn't tell them off the top of my head whether my insurance policy covered me on courtesy cars.

Where has your car gone Carl? into Gurneys?
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jeesh, you guys have some crap dealers over there.

It makes me glad our dealer network here is made up of old dealerships that know how to treat their customers. Vauxhall cut out all the dead wood about 15 years ago, and left us with the decent dealers.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    My Vauxhall dealership refused to give me a courtesy car when my car was in for its ECU because I couldn't tell them off the top of my head whether my insurance policy covered me on courtesy cars.

Where has your car gone Carl? into Gurneys?
    YES IT WENT INTO GURNEYS OF BENSON!!! THATS GURNEYS OF BENSON!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast