Thread: New Wheels by OZ Racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Wheels by OZ Racing

Well after flat spotting yet another of my 18" rims I've decided the best course would be to replace them in the future by some 17" rims made by a proven manufacturer. My old Mille Miglia HT3 seem to be made of putty sometimes, I've got 6 of them now and 5 are flat spotted to some extent. It seems to me that the reason is the very low profile needed by the Mk4 in order to keep the speedo in range, a 215/35VR18 tyre isn't going to protect the rim in the event it hits any large bump.

So I'm downsizing to a 17" rim and have decided the best manufacturer for a proven strong rim would be OZ Racing. This is the rim I'm looking at

It's the new OZ Pallidio and I think it looks great. Similar in appearance to my HT3s as it happens but I do like split 5 spokes. I'm wondering whether to get 7J or 8J rims, in view of the clearance issues I'm having with my Brembos, so would anyone suggest what they consider would be the best choice, 8J and a low Offset or 8J and a high Offset, 7J and low Offset or 7J and high Offset. I need the maximum clearance I can get internally, I also need to ensure the tyres don't rub. I'm lowered approx -35mm all round and don't plan to go any lower.

Any advise appreciated. Best size tyre to get would be good as well.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    will it fit with the 4 pots ken ???????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dunno Danny that's what the post is about. I may have to take the car down and have the rims checked against the Brembos and see if they clear, however I need to see what others think would be the best size to stand the best chance, I think it's the 8J with a lowish offset say 40-42 but that may cause rubbing, I don't know enough about rim sizes to be confident of saying whats best. Thought I'd leave that the members on here who know their rim sizes.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they look awesome

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    look nice wheels m8 and OZ are deff decent rims
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    They're yummy! and a little bit different.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    I dunno Danny that's what the post is about. I may have to take the car down and have the rims checked against the Brembos and see if they clear, however I need to see what others think would be the best size to stand the best chance, I think it's the 8J with a lowish offset say 40-42 but that may cause rubbing, I don't know enough about rim sizes to be confident of saying whats best. Thought I'd leave that the members on here who know their rim sizes.
    as they are only 17's and your car isn't slammed as far as i can remember (30mm ish drop isn't it?) you should easilly be able to clear anything down to a 38mm offset....

Obviously as you know, the lower the offset the more likely you are to clear your brakes... try a 40-42 offset, and if it still doesn't quite clear try somethign lower still. as i say you should be able to get to 38 without any problems (the wheel faq states that anyway)

nice wheels btw
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With reference to tyre sizes, ive got 215/35R17's fitted on my V2's and they run a treat. Nice choice of rims mate. The split 5spoke really suits the mk4 IMO
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think jackocoupe had these on his gold coupe ???

Very nice wheel and one I considered before I went for my Kyalami's. I'm running a ET40 and a 7" wide rim on the 50mm Eibach sportlines with no complaints. Unsure on whether you brakes would fit inside that rim case of trying one I guess.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oddjob wot is it you meen by sayin you flat spotted the rim,One of my tyres i think is bent i need to put air in the tyre about 2 times a week,I think because the rim is bent air is getting out,a mate told be about a guy that can strighten the rim for 25 quid so will have to see him soon,i just keep putting it off all the hassle of changeing my tyre on and off again lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast