Thread: Opel Kaddetts 1982-1990

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Opel Kaddetts 1982-1990

I remember my aunt had a mk1 Astra that was imported as Opel Kaddett back in about 1984. It was RHD but there didn't seem to be any differnce to the UK Astra.

I recall seeing a few about both mk1 and 2 in the 1980's but none since. Any one run one now?
    Since 1992 owned a Mk1,2,3 and now 4. One day a Mk5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ahhh the memories..... My older brother's first car was a 5-door Opel cadet in orange with 13" Manta ATS alloys fitted and it looked fantastic, kind of why I got into Vauxhall's. It had the 1.3S engine fitted and was fantastic handling and to drive. The 1.3 is very underated, I had a MK2 Astra with one and it just liked to be driven. He then moved onto a light blue Belmont GLS with those dodgy flat faced alloys....
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Over here we get a fair number of Opels imported over from S. Ireland. Back when I was a wee sprog, there was pretty much just Kadettes - we got very few "real" Vauxhalls until the mid 80s as there were next to no local Vauxhall dealers.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Up until the early 80s (IIRC) there were still some separate Opel dealers in the UK and the Kadett range - probably more the 'C' model, competed directly with the Vauxhall Chevette on which it was based - this continued for a while with the Kadett D and Mk 1 Astra (the same car) until Opels were gradually phased out in the UK, the last to go was the Manta in 1988

I remember with the Kadett D and Mk 1 Astra that a few were sold with a boot compartment instead of an opening hatchback - god knows why? The shape was the same externally and the boot lid hinged up just below the glass line, they also did a 1200 engine version but not the OHC version in the Nova, instead and older OHV version from the older C model (My first car)