Thread: Remap dilema

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remap dilema

Having a serious dilema over remaps at the moment. Thought about going down the Courtenay route, however Edinburgh to Norfolk isnt exactly a short drive and I really cant be arsed with it, as looking at it, it would be around a 7 hour drive, which would be fine if they had any Motorways in Norfolk, there would also be the other issue of having to take about 3 days off to drive down, have the work done, and then drive home agian.

then there;s the Vmax route, looked at that, but still not sure about going for their remap as they reckon you need a piston change and headwork for their 260/280map, and whilst you can get away without doing that apparently I want something thats going to last.

then theres the 3rd option, EDS....hmmm having had 2 previous EDS maps (Zafira GSi and MK5 SRiT), and having problems with both cars after the map was fitted I am a tad dubous about this, however it is the option that;s easiest and gives the gains I want.....grrr why is nothing easy.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dave have a word with gav there is a guy running the 260bhp remap without changing the pistons.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The one you know you will be most happy with is Courtenay Sport, I know I live in norfolk so it's easy for me to say that but just think, how often do you hear of ppl' driving from one end of the country to the other to have there car modded?
    95% of the time they will be going to North Walsham.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Courtenay get my vote, i've driven from S wales to them and back in a day to get work doen by them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i believe that is actually a trilemma old chap...

and if you head that far south, pick up divma's bonnet for him

from what i've picked up from lurking, courtenay would seem the best choice... obviously i have no personal experience on the matter however! and were anything to go wrong, it's a long trip back to get it fixed!
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dave, to be honest I'd stick with what you know? and you've had good experiences with the vmax software, and bad with the eds software. and courtney is feckin miles away should anything go wrong. also the vmax software is that bit different from everyone else as such - maybe worth more investigation anyway.
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After your experiences then i would plump for wallace to. U dont need pistons for 280bhp, 300 is the limit on internals. TBH u dont need more than 260-270 anyway in FWD, its useless with more !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    see even steve agrees with me
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey
    however Edinburgh to Norfolk isnt exactly a short drive and I really cant be arsed with it, as looking at it, it would be around a 7 hour drive, which would be fine if they had any Motorways in Norfolk, there would also be the other issue of having to take about 3 days off to drive down, have the work done, and then drive home agian.
    Welcome to Norfolk... I have been told my nearest motorway is.... Holland, and it takes me 2 hours to get out of the county heading west. Wish I knew of an easier way of getting your car over - but I'm struggling. But you can always pitch a tent in our garden.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think I say this every time, but I would go with the one nearest your home. Norfolk is a long way to go if there is a porblem....Not saying you will have one! but just in case.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast