Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Toyo T1-R Tyres and Elite Direct.com

Howdie All,

Just thought I would stick a quick post in to comment on the Toyo T1-R tyres I have just had fitted by Elite Direct. The last couple of times I have purchased tyres I have gone with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's as my tyre of choice based on their superior performance. So for a change I thought I would give the other "raved about" tyre the Toyo T1-R Proxes a crack.

First impressions are reasonably good - I can't say there is much difference at all difference in terms of grip between the GY or the Toyo, when new both seemed to handle well in corners and under heavy acceleration. The main thing I have noticed thus far is that the Toyo T1-R's are considerably quiter on the open road, and especially at speed. They seem to drown out alot of the road noise that the Goodyears seemed to allow through. Im not sure if that is because my GY's were so worn but it does seem to me that there is a noticeable difference. Also worth pointing out that the Toyo's were nearly £10 cheaper at Elite direct so that's another plus.

Finally a comment about the service provided by Elite Direct. Not only were they the cheapest tyre provider by quite a substanical margin but they also provide a quality fitting service from friendly knowledgeable staff. In terms of price I just paid - £203.67 for 2 fully fitted front tyres (Toyo T1-R's) and laser wheel alignment to all 4 wheels.

All in all very pleased with the tyres, service, price - hell everything was pretty good (even the Coffee ). For those in the Essex area or even just outside it I would highly recommend these guys - well worth a visit.
    JDM WRX STi7 Subaru Impreza
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    told ya Toyo's where great didnt I

me and the GSI love them....

glad to hear you have had great customer service as well
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've mentioned the lower road noise before too....

glad i'm not the only one lol

btw i got my latest 2 toyo t1r's (17") fitted for 180 odd at micheldever tyres
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £180 is a fairly good price for 2 fitted Toyo T1-R's. Without the laser wheel alignment you would get it for £168.48 at Elite though.
    JDM WRX STi7 Subaru Impreza
    300bhp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I was down at elite i always go there an speak to paul or H an they sort me out no probs I got £25 off a back box there on monday it was ment to me £195 i paid £172 with a bit taken off as i have used them all the time