Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question CD30 MP3 recoding/programming help needed

Allo all, newbie here

I collected my Black Sapphia Astra SRi 200 last month and was disappointed that it didnt have the CD30 MP3 just the plain CD30, so instead of spending the £381 + vat VX wanted for a new one, i managed to get one for a lot less of t'internet.

Well just come back this morning from VX saying the could recode it for my car and fit for £36... only to be told after an couple of hours that:
    "Sorry we cant recode this cd30 mp3 to your car as it hasn't been deactivated from the previous car. And we cant deactivate then reativate it for you, bye".

Hmmm, is there anyway i can get this to work in my car; something like reflashing the unit and have it activated for my car to use?? Perhaps 3rd party company's can do it for me?

Any advise would be approciated, coz i have a very expensive siliver cd30 mp3 paperweight on my desk right now
    Cheers,

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site !

Ouch...shame that, vauxhall probably suspect the units pinched, especially if it has'nt been deactivated...( you probably got it from ebay, but could have come from a breakers)

Have you tried telling them the car was written off completely, and the unit could'nt be de-activated because of that ?
    Try a different dealer.

Alternatively you could try Radio Decoders from the phone book, but they would still need a Tech2 machine...so not sure if they could help.

Interested to hear how you get on with this though....you're testing Vauxhalls stance on changing stereos.

Good luck

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply! So just so i know; Is it "possible" to get this working via a Tech2 machine or another route at all? Don't want to be barking up the wrong tree
    Tis funny what you said though coz i had this feeling they didn't want to do it rather than it not being possible...hmmm