Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heated Seats

HI,
    IM CURRENTLY TRYING TO FIT HEATED SEATS INTO MY MK4 COUPE,IT ALREADY HAS THE LOOM IN THERE AND HAVE FITTED THE 2 SWITCHE'S AND THE DASH SURROUND THE SEAT PAD ON THE BASE OF THE SEAT HAS ALSO BEEN FITTED .
    HOWVER IT STILL DOES NOT WORK,THE BACKREST PAD IS ON ITS WAY TO MY VXL DEALER HOWEVER THE OTHER 1 DID NOT WORK,THE DEALER'S ARE CUURENTLY HAVEING A BIT OF TROUBLE INDING OUT WHY THIS WONT WORK AS BOTH THE BASE AND BACKREST PAD WILL NOT FIT TOGETHER AS THE PLUG ON THEM IS BOTH THE SAME,HENCE PROBLEMS.

ANYBODY THAT HAS FITTED AFTER MARKET HEATED SEATS OR CAN HELP WOULD BE REALLY HELPFULL.

CHEERS NEAL.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    one of the pads was prob dead thats all mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can I ask that you please stop typing in capitals mate as it's really hard to read. I've done a fair amount of work getting heated seats to work in my hatch. Here's what I'll need to try and solve the problem.
    1.Do the seats you've currently got have a small pull out section under your knees?
    2. How many connectors are on the bottom heating element?
    3. Do you switches light up when the wheel is rotated?
    4. Have you fitted any fuses in the fusebox to allow the heater elements to work?
    5. What part numbers are the heater elements.

Answer those questions and I'll have a clearer idea what the problem is
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alright mate,
    there are 2 connectors on the heater element, black and 1 grey.
    The switches light up when i turn the lights on,as they do when the rest of my lights are on.
    i havent fitted a fuse as i didnt know i need to fit one.
    i cant remember the oart number of the pad mate as i've stuck them onto my seats and cant get to it.
    if you can help then it would be really good,

cheers Neal.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still need to know the style of seats you have. Are they the ones with pull out thigh supports? different element for different seats you see. The sports seats have 3 elements, the more normal seats only have 2, upper and lower, sports have an element in the pull out section as well. Sounds like you've got a normal element not a sports version.

You'll need to fit 2 fuses in order for the elements to work, fuse 37 is a 20amp and fuse 45 is a 5amp. The seats won't work without these fitted, the switchs will light up when the side lights etc are on but the orange LED in them should light up when you turn the wheel to a heat setting. Fuse 45 controls the orange LED, fuse 37 controls the heater elements getting warm.

As far as I know the base element will not work without the upper element being plugged into it as well, the base element will have the 2 plugs which go into the block connector under the seat, it will also have a grey connector IIRC which connects to the upper element, if it's a sports seat it will also have another one for connecting to the thigh support element. All the connectors must be in place for the element to work I think, so if you've fitted a sports element in a normal seat your slightly stuffed as you can't fit the thigh support element as the seat doesn't have it. Try the fuses first and see if the element warms up.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this might be a complete blonde question.. but do you need leather to have heated seats?
    Star Silver Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope mate you don't. You do however need to be prewired for the elements. There should be a black and a green connectors under the TC panel, there should also be connectors in both the middle sections of the 4 connector block located under the seat. If you've got those you can do it, it's not a cheap mod but it's very worthwhile.

MuppetMule has done this mod from start to finish and he reckons removing the seat covers isn't that easy but is do able.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C9SRi
    this might be a complete blonde question.. but do you need leather to have heated seats?
    Nope .......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah cool... im pre-wired, got wires behind panel, and under both seats... how much are the elements?

dont think ive ever seen a car with heated velour seats?
    Star Silver Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C9SRi
    ah cool... im pre-wired, got wires behind panel, and under both seats... how much are the elements?

dont think ive ever seen a car with heated velour seats?
    Going to do it to standard vauxhall seats?
    Id be intrested in seeing that
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast