Thread: Ebay Feedback

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ebay Feedback

Do you think it is fair that if you buy something from someone on ebay and they only leave you feedback if you leave them one first?

Say, I purchased something from someone off ebay and I paid up the next day from when I won an item. Surely, this should mean I will get positive feedback for prompt payment right?

However, if the item I received was not of a satisfactory condition, I would leave negative feedback for them. But, what if they leave negative feedback for me because of me leaving it for them, if this makes any sense to you all??

Is this fair?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It just depends on the person. A lot of eBay users will only leave feedback once its been left for them.

In reality the buyer should receive feedback whenever payment has cleared and the seller when the goods arrive.

(Assuming all goes well)
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I am a buyer and seller on Ebay.

If I am a buyer then I leave feedback once I receive the item. If I was not satisfied for what ever reason then I would contact the seller first to give them a chance to resolve it before leaving negative feedback. I then I dont get feedback after a month, I normally sent them a polite reminder about leaving feedback for me.

If I am a seller, then I will not leave feedback till the buyer does, as i have found that I dont get feedback left for me some of the time.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i buy on ebay i leave fedback when the goods are recieved. When i sell i leave feedback once the payment has been recieved.
    Yorkshire Region R.O
    DRIVES A 2.2 SE1 COUPE & 1.4 CORSA SPORT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We are fed up with people not leaving feedback. As soon as we get the payment for an item we leave feedback, but the number of people who don't return the compliment is very high. As its the only way to get a reputation established it becomes very irritating.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have been on eBay for a few years now, and am a powerseller.

I dont leave feedback for items that have been bought from me until i get feedback. I send an email with the dispatch note saying that once your item is recieved and as described, please leave feedback so that i know you have recieved the item. Feedback lets me know if they've recieved the item. Only then will i leave feedback for them because it is at that point where i would say that the transaction is complete.

When i buy, i only leave feedback when it is recieved and satisfactory.

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly, as dip says. a seller shouldnt leave feedback as soon as they receive payment as the deal isnt yet done.

The buyer could claim they didnt get the item, when they actually did, or just plain piss you around. I wait until my buyers have left feedback saying all is well before i leave it. should be the buyer to leave it first.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've found that when I buy something and I pay straight away, the seller waits for my feedback, before leaving me mine. Its really annoying because half the time if you have to leave them neutral/negative - they leave revenge feedback on you, when you paid them rapidly and caused no problems.

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knightblade
    I've found that when I buy something and I pay straight away, the seller waits for my feedback, before leaving me mine. Its really annoying because half the time if you have to leave them neutral/negative - they leave revenge feedback on you, when you paid them rapidly and caused no problems.
    Thats exactly what I am talking about.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate the sellers who dont leave feedback first, and then if you leave negative they leave negative. I think thats wrong, even if you havent done anything wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast