Thread: E-Bay "Scam"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

E-Bay "Scam"

Having purchased my new HID bulbs from "Genuine Biz" on E-bay for £60 just before Christmas I was very happy that TNT finally delivered them last week.

Got home tonight to find an invioce from TNT for import duty for £30.80 on my door mat!

It seems the sell thinks this is fine as the money does not go to them, this is dispite the fact the advert states free shipping and the part may be imported (no mention of if it is duty may be payable).

I have not had a chance to speak to TNT about it, but the fact remains I would not have paid £90 for a pair for sodding bulbs!

Seriously in a bad mood now and not going to use E-Bay no more
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you pay tax on imported items. its standard practice. nothing a seller can prevent. seller also has no obligation to inform of this as sometimes items slip through without customs charges.

its also no fault of ebay's. i hope you didnt give negative feedback.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamSXi
    you pay tax on imported items. its standard practice. nothing a seller can prevent. seller also has no obligation to inform of this as sometimes items slip through without customs charges.

£30 import tax on a £60 item, give me a break mate, but no way.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So what happens if it goes unpaid? Isnt it TNT's fault for releasing the item without settleing the customs charge? other carriers operate in that manner including Royal Mail.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Rosco83
    Quote Originally Posted by adamSXi

This is correct, and there aint much you can do really. Unless the location on ebay was stated as UK, and indeed wasnt

I payed import fee's on my roof seals for my MR2, ordered them from a main dealer in Housten Texas... think it was £17 taxes & fee's or something... its a pain, but its our government im afraid (grr)

Negative feedback wouldnt be fair if all was well im afraid

Rosco83
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchpoo
    So what happens if it goes unpaid? Isnt it TNT's fault for releasing the item without settleing the customs charge? other carriers operate in that manner including Royal Mail.
    mine was a charge parcel, you pay at your door.... or you dont get the parcel.

I think its completely wrong, but thats the way it goes. Sometimes the items can be opened checked then re-packed at customs... which i think mine were as the seals were folded and shouldnt have been!!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tell TNT they can have the items back and give them 2 standard bulbs
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Oh joy I can expect to recieve a letter soon too then their just like Fed Ex then.
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats just a con aint it... Report him to ebay m8...
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS
    Having purchased my new HID bulbs from "Genuine Biz" on E-bay for £60 just before Christmas I was very happy that TNT finally delivered them last week.

Got home tonight to find an invioce from TNT for import duty for £30.80 on my door mat!

It seems the sell thinks this is fine as the money does not go to them, this is dispite the fact the advert states free shipping and the part may be imported (no mention of if it is duty may be payable).

I have not had a chance to speak to TNT about it, but the fact remains I would not have paid £90 for a pair for sodding bulbs!

Seriously in a bad mood now and not going to use E-Bay no more
    Had exactly the same problem depsite the fact that the auction I won the item was stated as being located in the UK, and the seller hasnt responded to my emails.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast