Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulsars

astranaut

Smile Pulsars

I was reading the £2000 quick car thread and their was a debate about pulsars being either cool or not cool.

I love these cars think their old school looks and quickness with four wheel drive makes them a classic cool car. Maybe it's just because i'm frm essex and have a slight chav upbringing which means i'm used to seing a couple of burberry capped prats sqaushed in a nova with destorted d&b and a silly oversized exhaust dragging on the ground

but what do you guys think

If i bought one would i be cool or a fool

not that the astras going though

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had an import one years ago. Went like stink @ 360bhp but ate clutches every 3000 miles. Was fun for a while but soon got bored with it. Looks like a pitbull terrier, its just the car bites harder

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If only the air vent thing was smaller then it would look a lot better.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think as bang for your buck they are great as in standard form they go very well!

The problem seems to be - as LN highlighted - They eat clutches and i know my mate Matt ahd a maroon one which destroyed two gearboxes in a year and half iirc.
    Plus they are very very dated looking and ugly imo, everyone has tastes but i prefer a smooth clean lined car rather than one with more slats and vents than a cheese grator!
    Black Magic Seat Leon Cupra 20VT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im sure they are great fun but they look about as good as Pete Burns.

For me a car has to be pleasing on more than one level - If it wasnt fast then it would have absolutely nothing going for it and thats not enough to make me buy a car.

But for if your just looking for speed for little cash then they do a good job I suppose.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes please yes please! i love these cars and is on my def must own one! For some reason i love jap hatch's with turbo's. too much gt2 as akid!

Had a mate who had one and i drove it for a day and did two tanks of petrol!
    Two type R 15's and 1.21 Jigowatts of power

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats the thing, yea they're nice cars, they just dont look nice really.. although i do prefer the look of the white ones to those grey ones (which might make it a bit more bearable)
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they still look good now! Id have one if i could 1. find a decent and cheap one 2. afford the issurance!!! LOL!
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's too "bolt it right on" for my liking, surfboard spoiler, disgusting bonnet vent, horrid alloys ... yea ok 4wd and a powerful engine .. but its disgusting to look at.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its all about personal taste to be honest But dont forgot it is an old car about 15 yrs, so its shape sticks out like a sore thumb compared to cars of today. Black ones look good with black rims with a polished lip IMHO I remember my mate got whooped when his was standard by a mazda 323 turbo!, but thats another story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast