Thread: Halfords cutomer service *rant*

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Halfords cutomer service *rant*

What is it with the re-tards that Halfords employ (apologies to anyone on here that works for Halfords Im sure your not in the afformentioned bracket).....went to the Halfords/Ripspeed today in Kirkcaldy to look at a couple of wheels, as after a previous visit I knew they had the wheel I was looking at in stock, so I could see it in the flesh and try it against the car.....so asked the guy if it would be ok to take the wheel out and try it against the car to see how it looked (did this previously at the same store with the EVO), "eh, eh , eh, its bolted to the wall"....right ok there is 1 wheel nut holding it on, not rocket science, so he goes over has a look then comes back with "eh nae too much hassle and Im busy".....WTF!!!! there were about 3 customers and atleast 5 members off staff yet he couldnt be bothered to get off his lazy arse with the possibility of a Ł1200 sale........then went to Skidz in Falkirk who fell over themselves to be helpful (and handily enough are Ł200 cheaper for a package with better tyres)......

....story doesnt end there......then went to another local Halfords branch as I was looking for a few Mequirs bits, whilst in noticed a nice i-pod ready Alpine headunit with a nice discount off.....so decided that one of them would nicely upgrade the current CDR500 and as I bought an i-pod nano the previous day sorted.....then got served by Wallace and Gromit....took 3 "experts", to answer a few simple questions.....also decided to buy a nice set of reduced Infinity mid;s which were on display, to be met with "cant get them out today"...FFS its a total of about 3 screws, again there were atleast 2 off them doing nothing and it was only 6:30pm......just for a laugh...I then asked about the label on the unit that said *free fitting with this unit.....to be met with.....I can book you in on the 12th of January......Jesus, how to go out your way to help the customer

*end of rant*

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave...............Dont use Halfords! lol
    Remember Dave Coates
    My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats shocking!!! I work in retail & if I ever caught any of my members of staff acting like that towards a customer they would get a back hander off me, pisses me off that some companies try to offer good customer service to consumers & others simply dont give a f**k, no wonder retail has a bad name for itself..
    Corsa VXR in Glacier White

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I could jsut imagine if I went about my job like that, oh whats that you wantt o buy a car, eh nae mate Im busy.....may try that as a new approach.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    ya i know what your on about dave the loco audi center is like halfarts
    picked up my aunts car after its work an wanted to look at a a6 avant i was told but you are driving one now so why look at one
    i wanted to look at the 1.9 tdi avant an the guy would not get the keys

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey
    I could jsut imagine if I went about my job like that, oh whats that you wantt o buy a car, eh nae mate Im busy.....may try that as a new approach.

I'll try that tomorrow !!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really doesnt surprise me to hear that about Halford!! I became majorly pissed off with them last week!

Went into local branch to replace headlight bulb as it was broken and had only just purchased it. Looked on shelf, none out, went to the till to ask if they had any in stock but not on the shelf, the gimp says they have those in Harlow store, i replied, 'really, they have never had them when i have looked previously', and he goes yeah i have just got off the phone to them about these bulbs. I replied 'ok then, can you phone and reserve one and we will go and get it now' and he goes i dont need to reserve it they have it in sock, i was got off the phone to them an hour ago! i thought hang on a minute, 30seconds ago, u had only just got off the ophone to them, now its an hour ago?? anyway i stupidly listened to the gimp and drove 10miles to Harlow to find that they didnt have any in stock!! and was meeted by more non-usefulness at that store too!!

They really have no customer service what so ever!
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate halfrauds.

Went in to a store in swindon because its near where i work. Picked up a spare bulb kit for the astra. Bought a seperate headlight bulb to replace the one that was dim. Looked at the spare bulb kit and the headlight bulb number was completely different to the one they sell on its own. I questioned this and was greeted by a spotty oink who said "if the catalogue says thats the one then thats the one" Needless to say the bulbs were totally different but i wasnt aloud to open it until i had bought it, i paid for it, walked outside, opened it, walked back in and demanded my money back... fuggers
    Drives: 1999 Astra 1.8 16v Sport 120bhp!!! (est)

(\__/)
    (='
    .'=)
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny intoyour signature to
    (")_(")help him gain worlddomination.

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Theres a woman who looks liek a bloke in my local store...

Theres this really petet girl too, abou t16 who works behind the desk, and when I bought my new battery she tried to move it to scan it. She didn't have a chance poor kid. Felt so bad for her.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can just see them at the local jobcentre !!! " what,s youre hobbies " ?? .... emmm , eating !! , ... O.K. get yourself down to McDonalds !!!! ...... NEXT !! .. " what,s you,re hobbies " ??? .... emmm , cars !! ... O.K. get yourself down to Halfords !!!! ..... NEXT !! .. " what,s you,re hobbies" ?? .... emmm , painting / building things .. O.K. get yourself down to Homebase !!!! ............ the list goes on !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast