Thread: Vxr / Opc

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Vxr / Opc

Hello all,i was wondering can ye help me.
    Ive ordered a righthand drive opel astra opc off my dealer here in Ireland,the info they have is very limited.
    I know the opc is made in Germany and the vxr in Belgium,but since mine is a righthand drive do you think it will be made in Belgium on the vxr line??

Does anyone know this,or have any info on the opc for the righthand drive market??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your car is the same as a vxr and built on same line, the only difference is that you will have IDS+ as standard and Opel badges and grill.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caspy
    Your car is the same as a vxr and built on same line, the only difference is that you will have IDS+ as standard and Opel badges and grill.
    I would have thought that all of the Suspension changes specific to the VXR would not be present, The IDS+ is standard on the OPC because it does not have the Lotus tuned suspension. There is quite a lot of differance, I am sure aussie will have all the facts.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 VXR
    I would have thought that all of the Suspension changes specific to the VXR would not be present, The IDS+ is standard on the OPC because it does not have the Lotus tuned suspension. There is quite a lot of differance, I am sure aussie will have all the facts.
    The info i posted was a result of a call i made to VX. Maybe the IDS+ means that it doesnt have a lotus set up??????

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lotus worked on the astra passive chassie for 3 weeks plus 2 trips to the German proving ground. Lotus changed the dampers/struts, springs, roll bars, moved the roll centres, new front knuckle and steering maps quite radically to the other car.
    Lotus had no involvement with the IDS+ chassie system and trials of the IDS/CDC was not very successful on UK roads.

The pre prod car i drove back in July which was fitted with ids/cdc did appear to handle b-roads much differently to my VXR which runs on the Lotus passive set up.
    USSRonline......

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that lads,Opel Ireland dont have any info on the car yet but i went ahead and ordered it anyway from the info i gathered on the Vauxhall website and the German Opel website.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah opel dont share much info on their new cars, im going to be buying the astra twintop from opel, and theres not even a mention of it on the opel ireland website, but theres an artice on the vx website about it, what the hell is up with opel?
    >>>Coming Soon<<< Astra H 5DR 1.8
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...rio007-sig.jpg

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Opel suck. Plain and simple. Don't forget that outside of Dublin pretty much no-one has internet, so what's the point in putting stuff on the web site?
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...