Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Folding wing-mirrors on Mk3 Astra

Alright chaps?

I may have already asked this one on here before but it's pissing me off coz some wonderful person (probably the same person as the last time) decided it would be fun to drop kick the passenger wing-mirror off the side of my car last night, so yet again I'm having to glue the whole thing back together again, but since this is the 4th time this has happened, it's not going back together as well as it should.

Is there any type of folding wing mirror that will fit straight onto the side of a Mk3 Astra? Folding Corsa mirrors look quite similar but I just want to know if anyone knows for certain.

If anyone can let me know I'd be grateful. If not then I'm going to install some kind of poisoned spike inside it so that the next time he does it, he regrets it.
    97 P reg Astra 1.6 8v X16SZR, and yes I have a Haynes manual

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some little chav did that to my mum's ka with a rounders bat in broad daylight once. If i was in that day he'd have found out what it was like to nut the stub he left on the door wing!!!

If it is someone kicking it mate, you wanna think if spending the extra time money and effort will be worth it cos he'll probs be gimpy enough to want to ruin that in some other way.

If i were u i'd leave the spike and ground my battery to it as well. But then I'm evil when it comes to people like that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a set of prelude electric mirrors i bought,was thinking of putting them on mine sometime,as the mountings are so damn close.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can you not get the mirrors with the springs fitted so that if there slightly knocked they dont shatter/ break off?