Thread: Alpine 9831 vs. MFD: what do I need?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine 9831 vs. MFD: what do I need?

Hi everyone, first post

I've just picked up a 99/T Club after my old motor was written off. Anyway I salvaged all the audio and have my Alpine 9831 ready to slot in. My question relates to the MFD and the exact interface I need for my HU to be able to talk to it (the HU is compatible).

I'm aware that there's the Steering Wheel Control interface & mini-harness, parts KCE-870B and KWE-871E, but my trawl across the 'net (link) has revealed another box and harness, the KCE-970B and KWE-971E, which are supposedly needed to connect to the MFD.

My particular Astra doesn't have the wheel controls, so I'm only interested in the display.

Any help appreciated. Did a search on "KCE-970B" and didn't turn anything up.

Cheers!
    Alex

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u have a club which doesnt have wheel controls!!!

you could retro fit them

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    u have a club which doesnt have wheel controls!!!

you could retro fit them
    Sounds like a plan! Thought you would need to change the wheel to be honest; must admit I haven't looked to closely though. I have an IR remote for the HU anyway and am quite adept at finding the right spot with my fingers Would just prefer to look up at the MFD rather than down at the HU, particularly as I have the iPod interface.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    clubs of the t reg veriaty didnt have them, but its really easy to do just need steering wheel with them in, perfect excuse to get a lether one or irmy one! then you just need the spinny bit with the wires in that sits behind the steering wheel witch can be found on any newish astra, also for the part numbers have a look on the autoleads website, or go here really good prices --> http://www.mcs-direct.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well page 65 of the 2005 Alpine Catalogue confirms it is the KCE-970B and KWE-971E to do the controls and the MFD, but speaking to one dealer, the unit has apparently been withdrawn due to reliability problems.

The KCE-870B and KWE-871E are for the controls only, and this is currently the only option which Alpine appear to offer.