Thread: still got problems with the w800......

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

still got problems with the w800......

please help...........

i brought a w800 last saturday and have had trouble uploading mp3's to it , i took it to vodafone today and they gave me a new one hoping it was a fault with the phone ............but no
    i really really dont know wot im doin wrong as it must be me , im using the 'disc2phone' programme , i transfer music over and it all appears to be working even when i look in the phones transfer column all the music appears in there , also if i go into removable files on my desktop the files appear in there untill i remove the usb connection , then either all the data has gone or parts of it

anyone with a w800 plez help or give me a step by step plan of how u transfer music using this program

many thanks
    scott
    300bhp Focus RS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Got the same phone myself! I dont use the software supplied as i have a card reader on the pc, so all i do is plug the sandisk card into the pc and drag the music or pics accros into the relavent files on the card. The only prob i do have is video cloips or movies. They will drag across but the phone doesnt reconise them for some reason.
    199 BHP 322 lbs/ft Torque from a smokey diesel!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Coupé
    Hi Got the same phone myself! I dont use the software supplied as i have a card reader on the pc, so all i do is plug the sandisk card into the pc and drag the music or pics accros into the relavent files on the card. The only prob i do have is video cloips or movies. They will drag across but the phone doesnt reconise them for some reason.
    ^ whats that mate

and i do it the way you do it urself by plugging the usb cable into the phone and simply dragg across into relevant file but the problem with this is that it doesnt compress the files down and uses a hell of alot of space ............
    300bhp Focus RS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't installed any of the SE software on my laptop.
    Ive got some standard MP3 conversion software to convert my music from CDs to MP3.

As I use the USB data cable supplied with the phone to charge the phone - everytime I connect the phone, the laptop just recognises the media card in the phone as another storeage device. Then its just case of drag n' drop from the laptop to the phone/storeage device.
    If you want to view movies, these need to be in either 3pg or mp4 format - there are loads of converters on the www

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott
    ^ whats that mate

and i do it the way you do it urself by plugging the usb cable into the phone and simply dragg across into relevant file but the problem with this is that it doesnt compress the files down and uses a hell of alot of space ............
    The scan disk card is the memory card in your phone. you can plug this into a card reader to read/see whats on it and delete/put more files on the card

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the advice...............

may go and buy a larger memory stick if im gonna use drag 'n' drop method
    300bhp Focus RS